Things Which Make You Feel Out Of Your Generation

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by friendabc, Aug 24, 2018.

1. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

Generational Thinking is the idea that everyone can be identified with the generation they’re born in and that each generation bears some distinguishing feature
    sometimes you dont agree with whatever is the "norm" of your generation .

2. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I dont get the drinking aspect of our generation. I have all the freedom in the world to drink and almost every single person around me enjoys drinking , but yet I can't stand most of the usual drinks like beer, vodka etc... I can't get past their repulsive taste. I just barely tolerate wine and most social occasions just barely manage to take a few sips. something that tastes bad and is unhealthy , yet everyone likes it. I just dont get it,

Zxcv, annu78, SinghManisha and 5 others like this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I have seen various kinds of people in my life. Many ladies of my generation dont have the permission to step out of house for anything. Some like me who got the permission but given the responsibility of kids that do not let us to go out freely. Others are like they leave their kids with grandparents or day care and can do job and go anywhere they want to. I come in between so if I give the third example to get my freedom then I get the first one as reply for which I should be thankful that I got that much.

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

I am forever a misfit; I struggle to fit and find a match among all generations! I am curious and ready to learn forever about us and I want to improvise myself. (It is a never ending project) while most of my generation wants to assume that they are masters and don't think they have anything more to learn.

annu78, SinghManisha, jskls and 3 others like this.
  5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

The constant need to post on social media .
    the constant need to buy the prada bags and actually feel content and happy .
    the constant need to follow sonal kapoor and her shadi updates .
    the constant need of attending drinks after work on weekends .
    the contact need to go to ladies drinks on tuesday because it’s 1+1 free !
    I m already lebelled as bore in office and i m actually fine with it .

There is a reason we are more active on internet . I m not saying this is good either .

Amica, Zxcv, SinghManisha and 4 others like this.
  6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Social pages.
    Women are highly independent. That's good actually. At the same time many instances of murder of these women are flashing on TVs. So it is better to think twice before they do anything with parent's approval.
    Social media and related videos.
    What I can say is keep Every thing including mobiles away for a couple of days and spend peaceful time with family. :)

SinghManisha, friendabc and messedup like this.
  7. annu78

annu78 Gold IL'ite

Show off pics being posted all the time on FB and WhatsApp..This generation prefers to show their undying love for each other on social media, I wonder if that's the fact in reality... i fail to understand how can a husband wife wish each other on FB?? You live together then why is there a need to show the world that you wish each other on birthday, anniversary etc. I recently saw a very bad example of this.There is an acquaintance whose husband lost his job recently. The first thing she did was to update on her social media that she is sad as her husband lost his job. I was shell shocked.What is the need to announce to the whole world? If her husband wants, let him tell the world. All her relatives etc came to know and her husband had to face all those inquisitive relatives and answer them.
    I really felt bad for him. It seems such people live for the camera. So they even choose their outfits on the basis of likes that their pic gets..Why is there a constant need of approval from others??

8. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

@ashima10
    The constant need to post on social media .

- totally agree with u ...most important distinction we should make about any post is whether we’re putting ourselves on display or encouraging communication.

the constant need to buy the prada bags and actually feel content and happy .
    ---biggest idiocy is buying prada bag for thosands of rupees ...such a waste of money ...:BangHead::BangHead:

the constant need to follow sonal kapoor and her shadi updates .

-- yuck
    the constant need of attending drinks after work on weekends .

-- may be once in a while
    --so ur office is full of shallow gossipy b**:smash2::smash2:ches

There is a reason we are more active on internet . I m not saying this is good either
    --- better than wasting energy on futile superficial blabbering ...:icon_writing:

SinghManisha and messedup like this.
  9. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

-- may be once in a while
    --so ur office is full of shallow gossipy b**:smash2::smash2:ches

haha ! Not really. They do like to go out but are not bitches really ;they do really enjoy. there is just one who is of my age and keeps on pestering me to be to more social and hep and tells me that iam more boring than others who are generally older than us! they are nice otherwise. Most of them are pretty sorted.Its just that one who is i would say a little lost...

friendabc likes this.
  10. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

@ashima10 .. i thought most r b8tches !! cuz u said that uve bn labelled BY OFFICE..:blush:
    good to hear that all r not like that ..on second thoughts , i hope they dont think of u as snobbish..because ive seen that many times people consider introverts as snobs . most of the time intellectuals /introverts r misunderstood .some consider them as aloof , some think they r kinda rude or shy or anti social...:shakehead: