1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things people need to stop telling a mom !!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by anika987, Nov 23, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

1) praise her baby.even if you do not it is ok BUT do not be like "oh god! The other day I saw a baby who will be like three times you son in size"

2) Talking about other babies who are very fair in complexion in front of her and the baby

3) do not comment on her weight or tell her that she looks dull and tired because of motherhood.even if they do,there is no need to make a point.

4)do not be like "oh u think terrible twos are horrible!wait till the next yr..it never gets better".U may be stating your opinion but it is better to share POSITIVISM about motherhood

5)do not keep giving opinions about what she should do with her child.mothers know what is best for their child and life.

6)do not ask why her child is thin or why she/he has not reached her milestone yet.

7)"u were enjoying so much before na..you cannot do it nomore. forget it"

p.s: The above things are the ones that cropped in my mind.This is not meant to offend anyone.Just generally blogging it.Apologize if it hurt anyone.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    8 people like this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Brinda
    To each his/her own.
    Personally i think a bit of criticism does good to ppl like me.
    But yes when it comes to my child i would be a tigress and might make the other person regret for saying anything that hurts my child.
    My motherly instincts ...:)

3 people like this.
  3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with Dinny, to each their own. Sometimes these are type of conversations that I have with moms of my due date clubs. We don't take offense. We are not comparing. We just discuss how we can be better moms. Sometimes I would rather want people to be practical and tell the truth, rather than showing me the 'be positive' way. At least that way I am better prepared for the future.

3 people like this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

What I noticed is that, a lot of times how I react would depend on the mood I am in.
    for example, if I am already worried about my child's weight, I would snap if someone points it out that my daughter is too thin. On the other hand, if I was told the same thing in a different way, "avocados help increase weight"...then maybe I wouldn't be that mad.
    but I get your point though, offering unsolicited advises should be made with caution.

5 people like this.
  5. Merlyn11

Merlyn11 Bronze IL'ite

Like somebody said I also wouldnt mind if people having kids of same age as mine say or give advice..Usually I ask them for opinions...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013