1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

THIN HAIR(Getting too thin,Scalp visible) & DANDRUFF....Can someone please help?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by swaran, Dec 6, 2011.

1. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

This is a really old thread but I was looking through all the hair care threads to see if I could find some hidden gem for hair regrowth. I want to know how your hair is doing now. Did you manage to get it to be thicker? Also, did you stick to consuming methi (fenugreek) seeds everyday? Since methi has phytoestrogens, did you notice any other effects for example on periods, weight etc?

I'm praying you see this and respond.

Thanks

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi @MLP1

I am sorry but I found no improvment both in my hair thickness and dandruff

I am managing with the doctor prescribed dandruff shampoo and lotion once in 3 days.I find no use in any home remedies or oils so I guess I have to live with the medicated ones.These medicated ones too is not one time ,its like I have to use it once in 3 days otherwise its horrible

3. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear that there has been no improvement.

If you haven't already, you should try to consult with a doctor at Kottakkal Arya Vaida Sala. They have good treatment for stubborn dandruff issues. I know people who have benefited a lot, provided the treatment is used for atleast 2 to 3 months.

Could you please help me with my question on methi / fenugreek? For the time that you were taking it, did you find any side / adverse effects? Specially with stomach, skin, weight and periods?

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Kotaikkal as far as I can see give lot of oil and oil doesnt suit me,anyways planning to take a break before starting with all these again.i am litterally so bored and tired of all these

Fegugreek seeds I was not taking constantly

5. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your response.

This is a small one but it works well if you haven't tried it. Apple Cider Vinegar diluted as a last rinse. Cools the scalp and stops itching.

Thanks,
    MLP1

6. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Hi @orion80,

This is a very old post but I am hoping you will see this and reply. I am planning to start swallowing methi on empty stomach as you suggested. But I am afraid if it will have side effects on periods, weight, skin or digestion Could you please let me know?Thanks again.

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks @MLP1 for the tip

8. Nivedita1985

Nivedita1985 New IL'ite

Hi,

This post and discussion is from 2011. Little bit confusing.
    Do all ladies discussing on the same old post?

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nivendita

This dandruff problem is quite common for many..so we all discuss on the solutions ,ideally trying out the remedies and sharing our reviews

10. anjali1997

anjali1997 Silver IL'ite

It depends on person to person what works best for their hair. I was also facing hair thinning problem. I tried all home remedies but nothing worked.
    Someone recommended me Amway anti hair fall shampoo and conditioner. I started using it. Along with that I started applying Amway satinique scalp tonic. One in month I apply oil and onion hair mask. I wash hair three times in a week. Keep your scalp clean because if scalp is greasy you will surely get dandruff. I never braid/ tie my hair when they are wet. My hair fall stopped and I can see re growth of new hair.

This works best for me, I hope this will help....

1 person likes this.