1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

THIN HAIR(Getting too thin,Scalp visible) & DANDRUFF....Can someone please help?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by swaran, Dec 6, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies...

Since Childhood,i never had thick hair...it just covered my head and my plaits were always thin....eventhough till college my grandma and mom tried out oiling,using only herbal things etc etc,this thin plait never became thick... :bonk
    Then during the end of my school days,i developed dandruff too...but then it was in control when i regularly did oiling,followed some home remedies...

Became worse after i started to work and moved to a different place after marriage(i was 22 then)....
    Again i tried various methods(herbal,home,dermatologist,ayurvedic what not!! :bonk) to get rid of danruff but it only kept danruff in control....still i following something to keep the danruff in control...i am seriously bugged... Witsend

Now my problem is not dandruff but my thin hair...i feel the scalp is visible more and more as months passes,it was not this bad previously....i have to be very careful while plating/pony tail as many parts of my scalp is seen...i need to comb and put a clip so that my scalp is not seen...its very very irritating....i need to look into the mirror once every few hours to check whether my scalp is not seen...:spin

Its so bad that when people(whom i am talking to) look on top of my head for anything twice or thrice,(maybe they could see something that is at a distance),i fear they are looking at my visible scalp and my hands immediately go to my head...even when i am at office,i sit and work on my comp and if somebody comes and asks something or when we chitchat,i fear that my scalp would be visible(more than it has to) and i feel uncomfortable to continue the talk after that....:shaking::cry:

Things i do to my hair
    (1)Since i work,i take my two wheeler...and i wear helmet twice(to and fro)...its like per day i wear the helmet for close to 2 hours...but i put my duppatta on my head before putting on the helmet
    (2)Oil i only use the previous nite of my head bath,sometimes just before an hour of taking bath...cant use oil regularly/daily as it shows my hair even less(more scalp) and my dandruff problem...its quite embarassing
    (3)Wash my hair thrice a week...sunday...wednesday and friday...First i use headAndShoulders for my dandruff problem and then apply litte amount of dove(to prevent the roughness)...my hair looks dry if i use head and shoulders alone...
    (4)Henna i do apply depending on convience...try to apply once in 3-4 months...
    (5)If i go out and dont use a helmet,i make sure i dont leave my hair loose or uncovered...i cover with my dupatta and go....
    (6)after my school days,i have never partitioned my hair...
    (7)I dont leave my hair loose when iam at home/go out...i tried to put a bund or plait

Other than this,at present i am not able to follow any good treatment for my hair as i have a toddler and also am working,would have work right from morning till night at home and office...but i do have a good sleep..from 11-6.30...its quite difficult to follow any procedure and infact scared to follow any new things as i fear even the available hair would fall down...:shaking:

Ladies,have any of you faced a problem like this??...its quite embarrasing...there is nothing i have not tried for my dandruff...i can keep it in control with this headandshoulders now...previously i followed wht the dermatologist said and after that went to kottaikkal too...but then nothing worked long time...they too only kept my dandruff in control and the procedures to be followed were too much for me...i am looking for this hair thinning solution which is very very embarrasing for me...

Please help..in such a situation ,what ways i can follow to prevent my scalp being seen...these are my restrictions
    (1)i cant follow some big procedure everyday for my hair...as i have no time...maybe twice or max trice in a week i can try to follow the big procedure(if there are)...twice maybe better
    (2)cant avoid helmet...
    (3)cant oil daily....thats a big no...any oil(sticky/nonsticky/herbal this that) is sticky on me and my whole look goes bad...if that oil could be applied before the day of my hair wash,i am fine...

Can anybody please help me.....i am terribly in need of help/quick solutions...

1 person likes this.

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

31 views and no reply...ladies please help me :-(

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

still no reply :-(...ladies i am waiting...

is the way i do the shampooing right???....can somebody please tell me whether headAndShoulders works for all i mean realted to hair fall???...

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Swaran.. its heridetary.. and if its been thin from starting things wont improve.
    Be positive and dont loose your confidence... its something equivalent to people with other issues like bad skin texture and colour patches... if you're confident.. ppl will find confidence in you.
    You can try homeopathic shampoo - arninca.... apply hairgro gel and nuhair oil.
    If ur suffering from postpartum severe hairfall then need to take a small course of 3 mnths from one of the leading trichologists.

If still things dont work then start investing for hair implantation/ hair bonding.

5. RadhikaSundaram

RadhikaSundaram New IL'ite

Hi

I can only tell you that i am also facing the same problem---but mine is dueto severe tension

and coupled with less looking after i.e actually havent got down to oiling hair,taking proper vitamin supplements--i have heard these help--do try--i have heard that the leaf of the hibiscus plant-the red flowering plant-when ground and used as a conditioner helps take heat from the scalp-but you need patience to clean your bathroom after your bath and -please dry your hair outside the house-as the ground leaf doesnt go away very easily--you need to actually rinse your hair in lots of water-and try infusing hibiscus petals/nellika pieces and methi seeds in til:drowning oil and use that---you could also try neelabhringaadi---all the best and do pray for me also--looks like we maybe competing in the race who losses hair fastest--hope something works for both of us... :)
    radhika

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  6. RadhikaSundaram

RadhikaSundaram New IL'ite

hey by the way have heard -from someone that head n shoulder doesnt suit everybody-as it contains zinc and also causes headache

also when i do not use conditioner to the few strands left on my head -have noticed there's less hairfall--think about it
    :->

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

ShilpaMa first of all thanks a lot for responding...i was really waiting for some response...thanks again...
    as you say my mom has thin hair but then her scalp and all wont be seen...her scalp is covered even at this age...its just that it looks thin...same for her siblings as well...whereas the people on my father's side,wow they have good great hair...wish i could have taken their sidein this... :-(

postpartum...mmm my kid is 2 years old now...but then there are tensions managing household chores ,baby and office....lets see...
    thanks for the suggestion....i have heard oils like NuZen,neelabrimgadi,keshavardini do wonders,have just heard...not many people have i seen using them regularly...
    thats why wanted to know through this post...

hairbonding...you kow what,i have that as my last option,if things turn bad/worse...lets see...hope i dont go for that :bonk...

thanks for stepping in with your suggestions... :)

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot radhika for your suggestions and tips....hugs to you an same pinch too..hehehe
    i have tried this hibisus tip but then you know.with a kid and working condition,its just too much for me...but then if nothing works,i may have to follow all these...
    thanks for that warning about headandshoulders...even i fel its a little too strong for my hair(i somehow have the feeling that thats the culprit,looks like my scalp visibility is more after using this...though cant confirm) but then i really cant find another quick solution for my dandruff...need to meet my dermatologist again for some higher treatments i believe ....i ll be very happy even if there are no danruff for 6 momths...i am ready to take the treatment once every 6 months also...its so bad you know!!!!!!!!

9. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Swaran,

Having methi seeds on empty stomach every morning will help a lot in reducing hair fall and hair looks much better. This takes a few weeks to work but you will definitely see the result.

Some more tips:
    1. Make sure that you rinse your hair thorougly after shampooing. Dont leave any shampoo residue behind. This happens especially if you use hard water to rinse your hair.
    2. Use lukewarm water. Too hot or too cold water makes hair brittle.
    3. Dont blow dry your hair. Gently dry it with a towel and let it dry naturally. If this is not posible in the morning rush, wash your hair in the evening so that you have time for letting it dry slowly.
    4. Hormonal changes contribute a lot towards thinning and balding of hair. If you think this is hormone related, visit a trichologist. You can prevent this problem from getting worse.
    5. Tension causes hairfall, so worrying about your hairfall might actually increase it. This is my own experience :)

4 people like this.
  10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Swaran,

I was facing the Similar issues:

There were the steps i took:(Now the intensity has come down,but still the problem persists)

a. Stop shampoos...I started using Shikakai(I use Meera shikakai)
    b. If shampoos are unavoidable , do not use them directly in Hair, Mix lil shampoo with lots of water in a Mug and then apply to hair.
    c. Never ever combo the hair when it is wet.
    d. Avoid hair Dryers
    e. when you are going out make sure the hair is not open too much. Try to have a scarf around the Head . This prevents dust from entering the hair.
    f. Two times head wash a week should be fine.Not more than that.
    g. Eat lots of food with more of iron content. For eg: I started eating the curry leaves which i used to ignore before .
    h. Please massage your scalp with warm oil before bed. This will improve Blood Circulation.
    i. Try to sleep with centre Partitioned Hair as this ensures more of air circulation.

I cut my hair short because it looked too thin so that atleast it looks Voluminous.By this atleast you can avoid some embarassment. :)

6 people like this.