1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thin/fine Hair Problems & Solutions for Thicker Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Huma, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

Re: How to Increase volume of hair

wow yogmaya....thanks for sharing this information....

2. anjalin

anjalin Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much for sharing the info with us. I am also having the same problem my hair falls a lot. My hair volume has drastically reduced to 1/3 in past 8years. As lot people i was also worried about being bald soon. At this point I am not worried about hair growth or thickness i will be happy if I can retain what I have with out any hair fall.

After i read Hasini's message about Olive oil hair massage. I wanted give it a try Guess what.... I am very very veryy happy with the results. Since i am only trying this for past two weeks I don't about hair growth but hair fall stopped. I also heard if we plate our hair tight that can reduce hair fall. So As soon i go home after work I put a plate and apply olive oil twice a week. I will kep updating about how this olive oil massage is working for me.

3. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

wow Anjali am glad you too were able to get good results....we all should thank ASHA for giving the tips....thank you Asha...

4. vanitha_me

vanitha_me New IL'ite

hi ladies
    after i deliverd my baby ,my hairfall has been in uncontrolable level.
    i can even see my scalp,it looks so bad .

i did try the massage in scalp with olive oil ,but lot of hair came ouy in my hands during the massage

can any one help me outwat is the way to massage without fall of hair

5. rshivagami

rshivagami New IL'ite

I want to try out this OliveOil therapy too. Here in the US we get lots of different types of OliveOil - any particular brand/type you gals would suggest ? Should I just go with the regular ExtarVirgin OliveOil ?

6. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

SOmetimes we cant help the hair fall espessially after we have babies or go through some shedding during our times. The only advice I can really give you is to take care of them and be gentle and just wait till it stops and it will get back to normal just take patience. Put your hair into braids and put them up never leave them open for long times that way your hair can have some resting time and try to get back to normal. With time you will have them back to normal and better condition God willing:)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  7. sdpriya

sdpriya New IL'ite

Hi Asha,

I also have the same problem. I saw this post and tried what you said without egg. It gave me really good result but I want some clarification. I didnt use the fresh lemon. I used the lemon squeeze bought from the super market. Is that alright.

And I used the methi powder is the powder got from the fried methi. Is that ok, or do I need to use the fresh methi powder.

Could you please clarify?

8. ramyasivam

ramyasivam New IL'ite

thanks a lot
    ramya:hiya​

9. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi Asha,
    I found this is a universal problem. Whomever i meet the same story.
    Yes, I also have the same problem. I was once noted for thick hair . I was also been teased by the guys on the roadside for thick hair that whether i dont have money to cut the hair. I was fed up with so thick hair that time.
    And now it is opposite.I can find many reasons for that. Hair started falling after i shifted to blore from madurai. After shifting to bangalore everything changed. Water, weather, started using more shampoos (i was a good child under mom's controll till then using shikakai),skipped oiling,pollution,different food styles, tensions etc. I already have long (very long) forehead. And as i lost more hair in front i look like bald. Now people started teasing me for no hair.

I am also using olive oil these days. I take equal quantities of neelibringhadi oil and olive oil. Warm them a little and massage on my scalp and hair. Leave it for overnight or atleast 1.5 hrs. Wash it with shampoo.
    This massage is good for me. Though hair falls when i massage but the hair fall after bath has reduced. All i wanted not to lose more hair if not more hair growth.

My mother made shikakai.. but i am so lazy to use it and also oil dont go completely. This is the main problem why i dont use shikakai. And even if oil goes it looks so dull and rough and people see me like nasty in my office. But if i use shmpoo it looks good.

I also try curd and lemon, curd and egg (but i stopped this due to egg smell), methi, henna etc. But i dont do them regularly. I will try using your recipe this weekend.

I have one doubt. I always find difficult using methi. I soak them overnight nad make a paste. It is very difficult to apply them and also they stick for atleast a day on hair after wash. Then slowly it falls down.
    Any tips on methi?

Regards,
    AVM

10. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Asha,
    forgot to mention. Your hair looks great. I wish i have like that. :)

Regards,
    AVM