They Just Wheeled My Dad In

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Mar 22, 2023.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

So good to know that things are falling in place for you, Suidhaaga. Good to know about your Dad's steady recovery. Even before you realize, Dad will be back to his old happy healthy self. Tathastu! :)

SuiDhaaga and joylokhi like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So glad to see that your dad is back home and is recovering by and by. Take cae. It is not at all easy to be a caregiver and you are doing a wonderful job! Best wishes.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much.

Really, thank you so much!

satchitananda likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

Nervousness is gripping me like a vise

1. My Dad has been 10 times more dizzy and more often after the TAVR. The nurse practitioner says since dizziness is when he stands and more when he walks, it isn't related to TAVR.

2. Dad has been getting horrible chest pains in different part of chests. Since it goes away nurse practitioner isn't worried.

Dad is relieved.

Nurse Practitioner says if things are severe go to Cardiologist or ER,

Dad refuses to go to back to hospital (traumatized by the IVs, catheters, etc) and certainly not the ER (always has pointless experience at ER because no one finds anything wrong)

Now the Pharmacy sent Ecotrin. I never heard of this but Google says this is coated Aspirin. is this true? The nurse practitioners left for hte day

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You can call the Doctor's office to confirm this. I won't take this lightly. Let the doctor decide whether it is related to TAVR or not.

She may be right. This could be because he was resting most of the time and probably eating less, his stomach might be filled with air and when it rises, it can give symptoms similar to chest pain. Unless it is consistent, I believer there is nothing to worry. If it is consistent, you need to consult the doctor immediately.

If there is a need, you need to be prepared to convince your dad to go to the hospital. There may not be a need but you can always clarify these questions with the surgeon you consulted earlier. You don't have to get him on the line but ask his office to clarify it with the surgeon.

You are right about Ecotrin. Be watchful for stomach upset especially if he is not eating a lot.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

I spoke to Drs nurse practitioner. Perhaps I can ask to speak to Dr himself

Will discuss with Dad. No keeps saying Dad shoukd go to his regular cardiologist

dad thinks regular cardiologist may resent that Dad did nit get TAVR from the surgeon he recommended

will talk to Dad

EDIT

now Dad is saying dizziness is due to lack of sleep. He is sleepy because he gets up at night to urinate. When it’s time to wake up he wants to sleep, yet he is pushing himself to eat watch tv, do mild recumbent bike.

He has difficulty to walk due to knee osteoarthritis

And good point to clarify with surgeon instead of getting him on the line

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    Viswamitra likes this.
  7. SuiDhaaga

What is pain free way to remove stickies that attach heart monitor

Dad was crying in pain when I took these out

is it safe to go under water and then peel off easily

I am so sad Dad was crying in pain just now
    image.jpg

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Unfortunately, there is no other way. Under water or no water, removal will be painful.

9. SuiDhaaga

And you know the worst part?

sticky residue was stuck.

was painful for Dad to remove it

10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@SuiDhaaga - I had a baby in the NICU. Water makes it worse. Use baby oil to remove it. Nurses also used rubbing alcohol but that dries up the skin. I’ve heard about goo gone for bandaids but never used it. Since your dad has sensitive skin this maybe a good thing to try - Goo Gone Bandage Adhesive Remover For Skin - 8 Ounce - Safe Method to Remove Sports Tape, KT Tape, Temporary Tattoos, Ink, Medical Bandages and More https://a.co/d/7kcznNE

Viswamitra and SuiDhaaga like this.