1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

these elders who abuse their rights of being elder

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by piyaali, Jul 30, 2014.

1. piyaali

piyaali New IL'ite

i live in India , a place where girls have different rues n boys have different ,today i confronted by a lady who is my relative , very bluntly ,rudely she commented on my behaviour, my personality , my health(bcoz i m chubby n have tummy),she called me stubborn n many things widout knowing that what i suffered in my life, she has her teenage son who is stubborn ,never listen any of her order, does his manmaani,cut her phone on her face if she says give phone to other person , when i pointed on it she bluntly shamelessly said " oh he is a kid every kid does this " really ,all teenager behaved like this ?
    when i again pointed that your sisters's kid who are same age they are not like this n very well behaved ,she again shamelessly yelled at me " they are girls , girls are like this ,boys are little stubborn , that's why i m telling you , you are a girl learn something from them "

wow wow wow , so now tell me friends how many you think that these different rules from girls n boys r correct , boys can do anything but girls cant , boys can yell but girls have to listen , adjust , bear all yelling from elders ....................why this double standard n pls tell me which teenage kid behave like this the way her son behave , is not he come in spoiled brat category n she is hiding his flaws by saying " oh all boys kids r like this "

n why this fight take place , guess why ? bcoz i refused to take her unnecessary yelling at me , i said you scream every-time , i cant take it n that made her mad on me n she replied " elders tok like this , you have to listen "

i am angry , hurt feeling humiliated by her , is my reaction is wrong , are my feelings wrong ,should i bow down front of her n let her treat me like a dog ?

pls advise me , how to handle it , say what you think about my reaction ,is this correct or wrong

1 person likes this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

There are tons of twats in this world. They are wrong. Categorically wrong. If they see the world in an unfair manner, it is their problem. My suggestion is to not engage with them.

Next time someone starts talking disrespectfully to you, I suggest, you simply shake your head and leave the place without arguing with them. It is pointless to make such people they are being unfair or wrong. They aren't about to get their heads out of the la-la land to listen. They are spoiling for a fight; you were an easy target.

In situations like these the following quote by G B Shaw reminds me to stop justifying myself - "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Put it out of your head and live your life. Chin up!

8 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Next time just say..."You have your own children...why don't you mind them ....they need it more."...then walk away.Such elders don't deserve your time or respect.

2 people like this.
  4. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

I knew an uncle (family friend), who had a son who is practically jobless. He never applied to jobs coz he thought he might have prospective brides running behind him after looking at his CV. His dad always used to say."we will go away to US...he can't work in places like this"....and they are still like that. We are two sisters. He always used to tell my dad...you should have atleast one son...who can run out instantly for some errand..which gals cannot do..you should have had a son. Now...when I last saw him..his son was still feeling prospective brides are still behind him..so he is still a bachelor...almost bald!! I wanted to go tell him...how is your errand boy doing??
    My dad stopped me from doing so though.......

There are ppl like that....so whenever you see one...jst say .."thank god I am normal"...and if possible loudly so that they can hear you!

1 person likes this.
  5. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Had a similar situation at home recently. We had been to our friend's place for dinner over the weekend and they have 2 daughters. Older one is 2 years older than DS and younger one is 6 months younger. Older one has been given the chore of clearing table, wiping the table, kitchen counter etc. Younger one has a few chores, but simple ones.

When we came back home, my DS decided that he would start setting the table daily, and help clear up. FIL immediately jumped to help. I said "appa, let him learn - will help him when he is older. See those 2 girls they are also doing and that is why he wants to help now" FIL's response was "They are girls, they will learn to do such things. Boys should enjoy life" I looked at him and in a very calm voice told him "Let him learn, otherwise tomorrow his wife will curse me for not teaching him anything"

It was like a double whammy for them. First that I was making DS do chores. Second - indirectly telling them that they should have taught their son some things (but have to give credit to DH - he is good at all kinds of household chores now - necessity made him learn)

7 people like this.
  6. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Whenever i hear/see such trashy people speaking-i visualize them as a heap of garbage infront of me & think of it being tossed around & around-That's it-trash should be treated as trash nothing less/more.Dont react-ACT!

1 person likes this.
  7. piyaali

piyaali New IL'ite

Thank you Guess who , i think you are right coz i got same answer this time TOO " bade asey hi bolte hai , you have to listen "but i aM NOT listing them and i will not justify myself this time, i will act as their opinion don't matter for me, i think this is biggest punishment for ppl like them.

8. piyaali

piyaali New IL'ite

i said it ,she started praising her stubborn son by saying " oh he is kid ,he is so good in study blah blah blah ,she is such a brain-eater lady huh.

9. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Hey Op

This relative of urs is living in the 70's !! Give a fig !! Dont care about her crappy comments !! Very soon her son will grow upto ignore her and do whatever he wants !! We need to learn to ridicule people like this !! They Do not add value to the society but first in the line to drag the society back a 20 years !! They never had the freedom to do anything therefore do not want you to achieve anything, thus try and bring you down !! She knew she cant bring u down in ur field of study, academics and otherwise, thus decided to go with personal attacks !!

ps: If I were at ur place, I would have taken a personal dig at her !! (How come aunty so much wrinkles and dark circles,looking a little plump etc etc):bang

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  10. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

Better you guys write a book guessho & yellowmango:) You rock gals!

1 person likes this.