1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

These Actors Deserved More Movies, Better Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Rihana, Dec 18, 2020.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Both are unrecognizable from their heydays.

Rihana and anika987 like this.
  2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Yesteryears star Mumtaz, who had a good run but quit movies to marry a wealthy businessman. My mother met her once at a cocktail party back in the eighties and could not stop raving about how gorgeous she was.

Rihana and anika987 like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sushmita Sen. I wish she had acted in more movies. Maybe the reason she has rather less movies or mostly nondescript ones is that she is selective. Whatever.. I like her looks, acting and almost everything about her. Just looked up the wikipedia entry about her and looks like she attended St. Ann's High School. Adds to the reasons to like her. : )

While I recall some of her movies like Fiza, Main Hoon Na and Zindagi Rocks, I mostly remember her for her hot numbers such as:
    Mehboob Mere (Fiza)
    Laga Laga Rey (orange plain saree, with Salman Khan) : )
    Gori Gori (red plain saree, with Shahrukh Khan) : )

anika987, Anisu and Hopikrishnan like this.
  4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I would include Aftab Shivdasani..
    He was good in Kasoor, Ankahee, Masti and few other movies.. he really could have got better opportunities..he is a decent actor and very good looking too!

anika987 likes this.
  5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

As for actors who got more opportunities than they deserve , Alia Bhatt and Kareena Kapoor!
    She looks good with makeup, but sans makeup just ok ok...
    Kareena Kapoor bids farewell to 2020 by ‘snuggling’ with Saif and Taimur. See the pictures she forced them to pose for
    @anika987
    I really think many of the highly paid actors in Bolluwood are actually mediocre skilled and average looking poeple who are successful purely due to their family and social connections and media popularity ..
    Many actors who are naturally gorgeous and talented dint get proper recognition...

anika987 likes this.
  6. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Sushmita Sen is yet another example of how life and career can become more challenging for beautiful people who are intelligent, and limit how much they'd suffer fools gladly. Perhaps that may explain the number and the kinds of movies she had appeared. I like her.

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Neena Gupta! Her debut was as Ketaki in Khandaan that aired on Wednesdays. Another show starring her, also directed by her, Saans came in the late 90's. Unfortunately I couldn't watch this.

She is one actress who didn't get her due. A royal shame. She deserved many more and better roles in commercial cinema. The way her eyes emote and that dard pain /ache in the lehja voice that only she can bring forth so well.

ng2.png ng1.jpg

anika987 and shreepriya like this.