1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

There's A Place Within Our Hearts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 30, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

There's a place within our hearts
    Where we keep our favorite memories,
    The ones that never fail to make us smile --
    And when life becomes too hectic
    It's such a special feeling
    To close our eyes and reminisce awhile.
    (Amanda Bradley

Who doesn’t want to think of their childhood days and teenage days which are the best as there were no responsibility especially when you are a younger child. Just was thinking of those days when once in a month we were given castor oil to drink and that day very simple food. Every Friday we were supposed to take oil bath and that too not little oil, no shampoos those days but cheeyaka powder , sometimes the oil in the hair does not go and the face also used to look oily after washing it nicely with soap also. Slowly the cheekai was replaced by Mira seekakai powder and then with shampoo. Don’t know how many people take oil bath on Fridays.

Those days the bride never used to put any make up during her marriage, I had also not put but the bride used to look special on that day. During my cousin’s daughter’s marriage her cousins had put make up for her during Reception. Without make up only cousin and her daughter look pretty. Cousin’s daughter was asked to remove the make up by her mother in law saying that they asked her son to marry her seeing her natural beauty.

Memories of the days spent with my brothers and sisters , those lovely days will they come back again. Grandmother making the special dishes which we all used to like. My brother used to like Sevai very much and she used to make it so many times though it was a hard task.
    Those lovely days spent with my best friend in her house , two hours everyday studying and playing and on Sundays more hours playing scrabble. Everyone in friend’s house were very nice. Everyday I used to go in her car to school. Will those days come back again.

Sweet memories of Office days where I worked for 38 years, used to play carrom during lunch time, have won prize also for singles and doubles. I was told to buy thre greeting cards as they like the wordings which I select. Had so many bosses young and old , all so nice , joined as typist, then steno then as Senior Assistant looking after bank reconciliation of the whole company. When the computer was introduced had to do reconciliations through computer, beginning it was very tough but our Director had confidence in me and beginning whole accounts department helped me and I was successful later doing it alone through computer. Will they come back again

I treasure sweet old memories as the time goes swiftly by
    A few bring smiles of happiness and some tears to the eye

They all are precious in their way reopening the door of old
    That have been shut these many years what pictures they unfold

These dear old, sweet old memories all play their special part
    In bringing joy and opening up the latch strings of the heart ...
    have a nice day

Life brings tears, smiles & MEMORIES….
    The tears dry…The Smiles fade…
    But the memories last forever….

sindmani, Poetlatha, Lathasv and 3 others like this.

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Very true mami...

Nice article and refreshment of memories. But I am a person who likes to live in present and future. I love to think about what i will do next month, next year and so on.... Due to this continuous planning habit, my brain is always occupied and never at ease.

Poetlatha and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Vani dear thanks for the first feedback which made me happy. Glad you liked the post . Ya its nice to live in present and future but we can tforget the happy memories na. I always cherish the sweet memories which wont come back

4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Good snippet Viji maa.....Childhood memories are really memorable....those days may not come back, but we can try to provide those good experiences to our kids.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hi viji aunty,
    Very nice post .
    Life may bring many things, all may fade but memories last forever.we will know the true value of the moment only when it becomes memory.
    "Play moments,pause the memories, stop the pain,rewind happiness.
    What matters is love and memories to be in life at the end of the day.
    " Memories are timeless,treasures of heart."
    People hold memories so tight because memories don't change when everything else get change.

iyerviji likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks kcb , glad you liked the post

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you liked the post. Thanks for the quote