1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

thepla lovers

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by jinal, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jinal

jinal New IL'ite

hii all,

My name is jinal.As I am a gujju so I love thepla....If anybody likes thepla pls post ur rpl..........:)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010

2. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Hey jinal...i share your liking..im too a lover of good thepla's but i dont know how to make them very well..whenver i make them they become too hard..not soft theplas like how our mom's make :(

by the way i see we live very close...we should definitely meet up sometime..wat do you feel..

3. jinal

jinal New IL'ite

hey Neerali....thanx for the rpl.n I think we will definitely meet..this weekend I m going to washington for cherry blossom........so we can meet up after sunday anytime...wt do think??n haan let me know r u working here??

4. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

ya sure...lets plan something for next week....even im going to philly this weekend...im not working currently as i came here in dec on h4. how about you..when did you come here..do you have kids?

5. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

I love theplas too - the ones with methi. Yummy. you reminded me. So will make it this week end.

Bi.

Can you share more gujju food here. I crave for that.

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I love Theplas. I am not a Gujju but I have lived in Gujarat for sometime. But I love Gujju food just as much.Can somebody here post the recipe of a good thepla.

7. jinal

jinal New IL'ite

Neerrali....I have no kids.I am just married 9 months ago and I am not working here right now....I came here in Aug 09 with my husband n I am on L2 visa so I have a work permit and I am looking for the job but as I am a fashion designer so less options for me here in dc area...........so I am at home right now.

8. jinal

jinal New IL'ite

Wow interesting chocolate loves thepla...Well I know the recipe for thepla but I will show u the link it would be helpfull to you......

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  9. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

ok..best of luck with your work then...hopefully you will be able to find something here..i also got married and came here with my husband in dec 09 and am really looking forward to make friends here. lets make some plan to meetup next week then..im not sure how we can contact each other here...r u on any of the social networking sites fb/orkut so we can add each other there and then share contact details

10. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi,to all thepla lovers,
    Today I made theplas. I do not know how authentic they are but this is what I did.
    1 bunch of fresh methi leaves, clean, wash and chop.
    Add 1 boiled and mashed potato
    1 and 1/2 cup wheat flour, 2tbsp. yogurt
    little salt, bit of garlic, and roasted ground zeera.
    Mix the above ingre. without adding water. Knead it a lil. bit and bring it altogether with little oil. Make small rotis. I used oil to make chappatis and not atta .Roast it on tawa on both sides. Enjoy with dahi Kadhi.