1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Theme Songs Of Great Movies

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I present to you this time the theme songs of great English movies. You will agree with me that these tunes made the movies memorable. Let us listen to my selection now:

Title music of Come September. The dashing hero Rock Hudson died young of AIDS. The gorgeous heroine Gina Lollobrigida is alive and kicking at 91

The popular theme of James Bond. Composed by David Arnold. Fifteen million views of this video!

Theme of Lord of the Rings 6 million views. When someone compared this movie to Harry Potter someone wrote: Sorry but how can people compare Harry Potter to Lord of the rings??!? C'mon LOTR is completely another level...The story, the introspection, the landscapes, the soundtrack, the characters, the long journey frodo and sam have to face through all that darkness and enemies and all the pain and suffering frodo has inside himself...and then the true friendship, the fact that even the smallest person in the world can change everyone's fate...LOTR is the best movie saga in history

Theme song of Ghostbusters. 28 million views!

Superman theme. 31 million views! Christopher Reeve remains THE definitive superman, he brought peace and joy to all those who watched. May his soul rest in peace.

Rajijb, Agatha83, Anisu and 5 others like this.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Comparing Harry Potter to LOTR is like comparing a galli cricket match with a world cup final between India and Pakistan. They shouldn't even be mentioned in same the sentence! :nono:

Coming to themes, the Jurassic Park theme composed by John Williams is pretty iconic. Every time I hear it I am transported back to a magical time at the cusp of my teenhood.

The unforgettable theme from The Godfather,

And this is one powerful piece that charges me up to get up and get going! The Last of the Mohicans main theme -

Who hasn't heard the theme from Chariots of Fire, though I will always think of Kapil Dev and Milkha Singh running with a torch when I hear it. The DD torch song was 'inspired' by the Chariots of Fire theme. Peak nostalgia!

I'll be back with more!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Rajijb, kkrish, Anisu and 3 others like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya sir - You start such fascinating threads in the music forum and I'm all ears. I have zero contribution because of my lack of knowledge in the field. I did find this fascinating about the 007 theme though. I'm sure you already knew about it. I hate the new theme, btw. Hope they bring back the old theme song with the new 007

Rajijb, kkrish, Anisu and 1 other person like this.
  4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

When I think of iconic movie themes, the one name that stands out is John Williams. Along with Jurassic Park a few more of his brilliant compositions,

John Williams conducting Jurassic Park with the Boston Pops,

Indiana Jones

Jaws theme won him his second Oscar.

The theme from Schindler's List performed by Itzhak Perlman as a tribute to John Williams. This one never fails to give me a lump in the throat.

Nice video of John Williams talking about the process of composing the theme for "Fiddler on the Roof", the score that won him his first Oscar. Performed by Itzhak Perlman.

Laks09, kkrish and kaniths like this.
  6. Cheeniya

I may not have created a Mousetrap like Agatha Christie did which is being staged nonstop from 1952 with 27000 performances but I am extremely gratified with this thin but classy audience. I feel encouraged to dwell deeper in this journey.

Gauri03, Laks09, kkrish and 1 other person like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

8. Cheeniya

Cleopatra's entry into Rome

From the movie Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra

Aldela from Rome Adventure by Emilio Pericoli

Match Maker from Fiddler on the Roof

Laks09 and kkrish like this.
  9. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Another thread where I could run for good music. Nice.

Avatar-I See You.(Vocals -Leona Lewis)

Laks09 and kkrish like this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My YouTube is acting weird.
    So I am settling with enjoying the posts and not contributing any.