1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The Yum Mum.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jun 3, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Another queen who conquered the weight loss kingdom.

She is a member of IL, parusabari.

The diet and exercise that worked for her.

Ask yourself this question "If she can do it why can't I??". Don't rest in peace till you get an answer and don't accept any other answer but the one that says "I can do it too".

2. neha_garg11

neha_garg11 New IL'ite

Hi,

Congratulation on loosing weight. You used to do cycling only or some other exercises also?

3. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi Neha,

Thank you dear.

I used to do cycling for 45 mins daily. And i used to do skipping just 2 times a week for 10 mins.

Love,
    Parvathi.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Parvathy, CONGRATS....you sure is a winner. Shiva thanks for posting this for us, you are a real motivator around here...helping me to get going with all this without even once giving a chance to get bored:)

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Hi Paru,

Congrats on the weight loss.Have you done the cycling activity in a gym?

6. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Thank you Ami , so much for the words.

And yes i do agree Shiva is the person who is motivating me again to go for exercise. She surely is doing a fantastic job.

Love,
    Parvathi.

7. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi Rajalakshmi,

I do cycling at home. It was gifted by a friend who was shifting and did not want to take it with her as it was costing her large bucks for transportation of the same.
    Now we have invested in a treadmill..but i am not able to do it for more than 20 mins on the tread mill as start feeling giddy.But cycling i love doing it for 45 mins as i can watch t.v too and enjoy exercising.

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Psabari,

Congrats on losing so much weight.You are such an inspiration. You must be feeling great now and feeling young also.

Me too have lost weight under Shiva's guidance. She is a real rock support.

I want to know what you normally eat for lunch. I have cut down on rice too and switched to wheat rava, but sometimes get bored with that. Im looking for some variation so wanted to know.

9. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pman for your kind words.

I have read your post too and truly your efforts are also praise worthy.
    Yes as you stated in your latest post to Shiva which pours your excitement of selecting M clothes...i was thrilled when from xxl i tried to wear new clothes of M size and that too mostly of latest designs.
    Yes feel good to be young and recongnised as young, unless when i was obese used to look so much elder to my age.
    Yes, Shiva has rendered support to so many people like me who used to just shy away from meeting people because of been obese.

Lunch normally consists of chappati (2) and 2 varities of subzi's. Green leafy veggies and pulses are alternately made one following the other in a week. Greens i make without oil and coconut.And the other subzi is veggies with minimum oil and minimum or no coconut. I prefer chappati to rice from long and can have chappatis with just anything. On friday we have white rice.
    Sat we have restricted ourselves to brown rice and we developed a liking for it. It is only on weekends fri, sat that i make coconut rich gravies of south like aviyal, pulangari etc.

Love,
    Parvathi.

10. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pman for your kind words.

I have read your post too and truly your efforts are also praise worthy.
    Yes as you stated in your latest post to Shiva which pours your excitement of selecting M clothes...i was thrilled when from xxl i tried to wear new clothes of M size and that too mostly of latest designs.
    Yes feel good to be young and recongnised as young, unless when i was obese used to look so much elder to my age.
    Yes, Shiva has rendered support to so many people like me who used to just shy away from meeting people because of been obese.

Lunch normally consists of chappati (2) and 2 varities of subzi's. Green leafy veggies and pulses are alternately made one following the other in a week. Greens i make without oil and coconut.And the other subzi is veggies with minimum oil and minimum or no coconut. I prefer chappati to rice from long and can have chappatis with just anything. On friday we have white rice.
    Sat we have restricted ourselves to brown rice and we developed a liking for it. It is only on weekends fri, sat that i make coconut rich gravies of south like aviyal, pulangari etc.

Love,
    Parvathi.