1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Year That Was - Count Your Blessings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 31, 2020.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

So good to hear from you. Thanks a lot for the kind words.

Enjoyed the doc's company??? You must be kidding. I find he is more busy when he works from home than when he goes to work at the hospital. Can't get a word in sideways!!! Anyway, not complaining. I have my company - the Internet.

As for the origins of Covid, we are still not clear whether it was manmade or whether it came from bats, got modified in a lab, transcended hosts - from bats to humans and then escaped or was 'made to escape'. I find it hard to believe that humans can wilfully create a virus. Even if it was manmade, it showed humans, who thought they could play around with viruses, what Tandav it could put on and how helpless we are when faced with a microorganism invisible even through an ordinary microscope. No longer can we say "Do you mean to insinuate, that I'm going to tolerate such diabolic nonsense from a microscopic germ like you?" We have no option than to do so.

We now hope and pray that the vaccines are effective in stopping all strains of the virus.

Wish you and Shobha a Very Happy and Healthy New Year!

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

This year at least some people learnt the value oif disckipline and solidarity taught by a harsh teacher called Madame Corona. But many didn't give a damn and blinded by a longing for intoxicants (religion and alcohol) they cocked a snook at social distancing and helped Madame Corona meet more pupils . The year showed the immense bravery of many , including many we reviled like policemen, forming the avantgarde of warriors against the pandemic. It was a year oif great sacrifices and greater absurdities, like the "Go Corona Go" banging on thalis. Natural calamities also showed a rising trend . This is a year when we needed to wake up and smell not the coffee but Methane and other greenhouse gases, not to speak of carbon dioxide.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Yudhishthira when asked what was the strangest thing on earth said 'everybody dies but they live as if they never will' (the gist of what he said). I am reminded of that story when I think of people who still think Corona and greenhouse effect are conspiracy theories. Well, they will find out one day, but unfortunately, it will be too late not only for them but for all humans by then. All I can do is to pray that they wake up before it is too late. Like mom used to make me say 'Ummachi, ennukku nalla buddhi tarname'. :-D I shall pray the same for them.

Viswamitra and Balajee like this.
  4. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I thought I was unaffected by 2020. But it managed to affect me as well. Just when one thinks life can't get any more dramatic.

5. satchitananda

Sorry to hear that, dear. Unfortunately life is not always predictable. All we can do is steel our guts, pray for strength and plod on, hoping for better times ahead. Hoping things sort themselves out for you and soon!

sarvantaryamini likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

a good take on the year that was. Humans - it is our adaptability that has helped us come this far. We can always pick ourselves up and begin! Happy 2021!

7. satchitananda

True, Sabitha. We are indeed extremely resilient as a species. Maybe some people need more time to learn their lessons than others. In this case the consequences will have to be faced by everyone - no individual karma in this case. Thanks for the greetings. Wish you the same.

8. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear @satchitananda
    Wonderful, lovely and a post straight from the heart.
    To count my blessings and to be joyful is one of the things i want to do this year
    Indeed 2020, has taught a lot of things...

Hugs
    Nandini

9. satchitananda

Hey Nandini, Happy New Year. Good to hear from you! We certainly need to learn that skill to keep our sanity around the negativity that the world keeps throwing at us 24 X 7.

Lots of love,
    Satchi

nandinimithun likes this.