The worrying trend of drinking epidemic amongst women

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dinny, Aug 15, 2013.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

For many many years had been drinking regularly but there was no single occasion where it was beyond control.

Actually there wasn't any high I really felt - at the max if the quantity goes high at times I through up and then it is life as usual.

As I really didn't have any highs there was no purpose to drink & tolerate the taste, finally quit since 4 years.

May be am related to a whale in deep ocean and the drinks failed to give me a high :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Ohh is it so soumya??
    I didnt know about Pondicherry...

Theres one more reason for having free "Beer nights" for women..that the crowd remains decent.lol just my belief.
    But yes all this does encourage drinking amongst women.

3. GoogleGlass

Many pubs in star hotels offer free drink to the airline crew in many cities - they bring along with them a herd of foolish bulls who make the pub owner richer & richer and their parents poorer & poorer :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Ohh i see a confession there.:thumbsup:
    You have quit it for your own good GoogleGee.

Now one doubt ,have you ever driven a car after say taking some alcohol??
    Just checking how socially responsible you are.:)
    Then i know which way this discussion would go....before you take it there let me tell you i am my hubby's official driver on weekends. :rotfl
    Even an ounce of alcohol can bring a ban in this country so we dont take risk you see.:)

News to me.

1 person likes this.
  5. GoogleGlass

I have driven but as I said since I never felt any change, I never was involved in any brawls, accidents.

Most of the time after a drink I door deliver friends at home :)

Good to know that during week days you drive him crazy and on weekends for a change part-time drive the car :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations GoogleGee for being the "free home delivery" boy to so many of your friends.
    Friend in need is a friend indeed. :thumbsup:

Whoever told you that i drive hubby crazy on weekdays....:cool:
    I know i am lil crazzyyy but that guy is very sane and knows how to control himself.
    Hes perfectttttt for me :biggrin2:

1 person likes this.
  7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dinny, I absolutely LOVE my drinks and I would for sure not give up. We have it over the weekend, but never on weekdays.It had never ever come to a stage where I need assistance in walking etc.The true enjoyment is when one is able to hold a drink properly. I normally stop at 2 glasses of wine or a couple of cosmopolitans (we recently stocked our wine cellar). After my DD's brith, we have stopped going out partying but before that, we used to either have a designated driver or call a cab. Never drinking and driving.

The problem with many people is that they do not know how to hold their drink. You are supposed to enjoy it, not abuse it. When that line thins, thats when people (not particularly women) lose dignity.

I must also add that a lot of families in west (and in india too to an extent) women drink and still be able to give all the love and attention a child wants. Any kind of an "addiction" of course if not good. But we will have to be careful what we call as an "addiction".

2 people like this.
  8. Rakhii

If you ask me, you have never been introduced to the right drink...like rakhi's special Cosmopolitan or a vodka martini, shaken not stirred...lol
    I told this in a lighter note.

Dinny, from where I see, there is a health risk at every corner of life. Of course indulging in recreational drugs etc is a big no no but I honesty do not buy (yes yes, read the facts) that if i stop my 2-3 glasses of wine per week, its majorly improve my health.

Also, normally alcoholic beverage is an acquired taste. It starts out really bitter but once you get the hang of it, you start to enjoy a drink. Of course, I still dont enjoy really hard stuff like scotch neat but others, yes, i do enjoy them.

Actually, it has not started out of peer pressure or wanting to be modern. It started out of my own will and wish and I absolutely enjoy it. Its a wrong assumption a LOT of people make that movies influence young people to drink. You can ask any of your drinking friends how it started and more often than not, its not because of some famous star drinking.

Its not that bad tasting at all...wonder what you were offered. And no, I dont drink it to get high. I drink it because I like it; i pick and choose what I drink.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rakhii

No no NO. Please dont mix alcohol and crime. They are two different entities. The Delphi gang rape happened because the police didnt really do their job at certain check points. Yes, I agree that people who get drunk can become violent but please dont generelize saying that alcohol leads to crime.

Making alcohol illegal is only going to pave a path for more crime, black market and more of those 'gangs'.

Mark extra tax on it like cigarettes if you want to control the flow. Banning it is not a solution.

For example Goa....thats a bad one because its tax free there! put on a tab in Goa and you will see the sales (illegal and legal) going down.

10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Rakhii
    I was given pure "red wine".And its taste didnt go down well with me.
    But then whats the harm with red wines???
    I am pro wines...lol.
    I see that you know where to stop.
    If only that girl who came out of the restraunt knew when to stop.

Somehow Rakhii i believe that alcohol and crime are related somewhere.
    Not that everyone who gets drunk will commit a crime.But then a person who's really out of his senses might do something that he might not do under normal circumstances.
    There are so many brawls happening after men get drunk.They cant control their temper.
    Though i feel a guy who's extremely drunk might not be able to "rape"...lol.Okay let us not discuss that topic.Its a sensitive issue.

1 person likes this.