1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The World Is What You Like To Think It Is

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by cheer, Mar 15, 2007.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Socrates was sitting outside of the gates of Athens. A man came up to him and said, "I am thinking about moving into Athens. Can you please tell me what it is like to live here?"

Socrates replied, "I would be happy to tell you, but first would you please tell me what it was like in your previous home city?"

The man roared, "Oh, it was awful. The people stab you in the back and rob you blind. I am leaving only enemies". Socrates frowned and continued, "Well, you best be on your way because you will find the same thing here in Athens".

Later another man stopped to speak to Socrates and inquired, "I was considering moving here to Athens. Can you tell me what it is like to live here?"

Socrates asked the visitor: "First tell me, what was it like in your previous home city?" The man smiled and said, "Where i come from the people all work together and help each other. Kindness is everywhere and you are never treated with anything but the utmost respect". "Welcome to Athens", smiled Socrates, "You will find the same thing here".

The world is what we think it is. The outside is a reflection of our inner self. If we look at the negative side of things, then our outlook would be bleak.

And if we are an optimistic we would feel that positive things surround us everywhere. The first person had negative traits whereas the second person had everything good to say about his home city.

Most situations in our life can be seen as a relationship interaction, be it a personal relationship such as internal dialogues, or our dealings with a friend, family member, or co-worker.

All things around us are merely reflections of our self-emanations. If we learn to live our lives with this understanding, then we have no one to blame for our lives.

Usually we want to blame other people and the outside world for everything. The physical world is a projection of our beliefs and feelings which we then think is "reality".

As a man thinks, so he becomes. To take charge of our lives, we have to go within and become intensely honest with ourselves about ourselves.

Start accepting that whatever comes to us comes because we have attracted it with thoughts, beliefs and feelings. We can take charge of our lives by taking charge of our thoughts, beliefs, feelings and tendencies.

Belief is the thermostat that regulates what we accomplish. A person, who believes he is worth little, receives little.

If you believe you are unimportant, so every-thing you do has an unimportant mark. As time goes by, lack of belief in ourselves shows in the way we talk, walk, and act.

Unless we readjust our thermostat, we shrink in our own estimation. And, since others see in us what we see in ourselves, we grow smaller in the estimation of others. You are a product of your thoughts.

When you adjust your thermostat, you move forward. When you believe in yourself, good things do start happening. Your mind is a conception workshop producing numberless thoughts.

You have to explore your inner self, "Think doubt and fail; Think victory and succeed".

sindmani and RoopaGB like this.

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheer,
    A good one as usual....you become what you think, is a very profound thought!So we have to be careful na?!:2thumbsup:

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear cheer ,
    That was nice post. Yes, life becomes happier if we are able to think positively all the time. We have to make a conscious effort to do it.
    Regards,
    Meenu

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Thanx ladies