1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The White Crow!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi
    Thank you for yours words of welcome.
    You are right as usual! As long as both the tribes exist, the art of diversion will continue as strongly as ever. I dont think our P&P are interested in benevolent diversions. They are self centered and are keen only to preserve themselves!
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I agree with you that the Government has not put all details of 123 agreement before people and they cannot do so since there may be defense related clauses might have been there. My contention is that there are very many issues other than the 123 agreement like the Sethu Samudram project with religious overtones and now the Nandigram incident. It is the tactics politicians all over the world play to turn the public attention. In Pakistan whenever the Govt. is not able to control the local people they raise the Kashmir issue. In U.S they raise the security issue quoting 9/11. 123 agreement is good for India and PM Manmohan Singh should be congratulated and supported.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    I agree with you in toto! In retrospect, I think I have quoted a wrong example! Sethusamudram and Ramar Paalam would have been more appropriate as you say!
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sir,
    I totally agree with you on the diversion when utmost problems are to be met.
    That's what happened when there are so many problems to deal the government at that time decided to change the capital of TamilNadu. i don;t remember the year or the goverment at that time.

sriniketan

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    It was in 1981 that an attempt was made to shift the capital of Tamilnadu to Madurai during the period of MGR but the efforts failed miserably!
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Interesting read about 123 agreement between India & US.
    ENJOYED the humour in the blog & in fbs. Crow analogy & in-built tendency to get easily attention diversions ingrained in child-hood a good solid thought.
    News paper carry daily fresh sensational news to keep their office busy and that helps the bottom line but now a days news for tomorrow created by selfish few.
    It reminds me the fiction "The Evening News" authored by ARTHUR HAILEY that I read in 1970s.
    Since my childhood I observe people in high places work to bring harmony peace to the world but then though world shrunk for communication yet stands fragmented in terms of society, religion & dogmas.
    People manage with diversionary tactics to create a semblance of peaceful living.
    Regards.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am not sure how I missed this wonderful snippet of yours and thanks to Thyagarajan Sir, I found it. I really enjoyed the humor of why all of us get distracted easily as our mind is trained to look for a "White Crow". Any government is quiet capable of bringing another trouble to the people so that they could get diverted to it than the real problem they are encountering. I always feel the success of each nation is entirely upon a) workforce, b) productivity, c)balance of trade, d) balance of payment, e) defense strength and f) per capita income. Even now when India buys most of its oil from Russia when the entire western civilization cries is a simple math that India is addressing balance of foreign currency reserves by buying oil cheaper when the use of oil in India is quiet high.

Nowadays, the governments are learning to link them to happiness index of people. Despite Chinese people are government by autocratic government, the country is flourishing and the Chinese government is trying to become #1 nation in the world by working on peace process for Palestenians while their disputes with Taiwan, India and other countries remain intact. Every country has ambitions and focused attention of the people in the well-being of the country is what the governments should focus on and not diversion.

The other famous method governments use to divert attention fo the citizens is by forming Commissions to inquire into corruption and other charges. Most commissions after so many years of inquiry gives its reports which most citizens already know for a fact.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Diverting attention is an age-old practice. Mothers use this tool to calm their kids.
    In the present-day context, the methods have changed. Now they hand over a smartphone.
    Governments are many steps ahead. They have many interests. Unfortunately, public memory is too short, and present-day media is expert divisionary. No one is talking about the Indo-US treaty, they are talking about The head of the Wrestling Federation, a Pakistani woman with four kids in India, A lady SDM asking for divorce from her low-caste husband.

Thyagarajan likes this.