The way I want my life at Old age

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by srivatsa, Jan 4, 2008.

1. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi all,

I do agree with all the views given by different age groups. Probably everyone could say that i have spoken only my point of view, as i still have few more years to grow old and in case be a dependent on my kid. I am sorry if i have hurt someone with my views. Sunkan mam , i am hundred percent with your views. Again what i say here are purely my views.
    I am just training my mind everyday that i am fine and fit and i can handle both office and house without losing my nerve. Frankly speaking i am not that healthy to manage both home and office. My son will be with me by July and joining his preschool. I am making sure to be more active by the time he joins me as the burden of my running around will increase. I have learnt it by reading a lot of books and listening to my mom and husband that what u are is what u think about your self. So from this very moment i am just trying to make up my mind and body that, God help me take care of myself till the last moment of my life. There is nothing wrong in expecting from kids a beautiful reciprocation for what all u have done for them to be what they are now. I just want to see that my see is independent and from there starts a relation where both of us will have independent lives. I will make sure we both love each other and forget not to say in words I LOVE YOU FOR BEING IN MY LIFE.
    What joy independence in life can give is once again what i have learnt from the day i am married.The support my husband gives to live independent, to think, to say and to do . May be it would be a book if i start writing about it. I beleive in not troubling others and also make sure not to be troubled by others. All the strength of my confidence is my husband and my parents. I want every parent to think and just share love with u'r kids. Don't expect them. I am very sure in times of desperate need, this love will work wonders and without your expectation,it comes in support of you.

Regards
    Sri

2. Sumeru

Sumeru New IL'ite

Absolutely agree with your Sri. It will do both parents and children a world of good to excercise a bit of detachment in their lives.

Parents should learn not to be overly dependent on their children emotionally and be prepared for the stage where children have grown to adults, get married and settle down. They have to lead their lives with their wives and children and go through all the stages & troubles of parenting, that their parents had to go through. Certain amount of independence, socializing or any other activity is required for parents to help them adjust to this phase of their lives. This initiative should come from parents themselves.

Children on their part should not hesitate to be there for their parents either emotionally or financially and should plan to balance their lives between work, family and parents. Too much emotional dependence, attachment & possesiveness of parents leads to a lot of problems in family. 'Communication gap' is also a rich contributor to this problem between parents & children.

Striking the right balance in life, will help both parents & children to run their lives with peace of mind.

3. tanya1984

tanya1984 New IL'ite

Hi,

I agree to ur point.