1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Wandering Toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Riyasmommy, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hi all, our 28month old is at the phase where she just walks away from us, no matter how much we call her she wouldn't stop or even look back. I am at the stage of pregnancy now that I am not very graceful with running behind her and keeping up with her. Sometimes she would listen and she gets praises and high fives, but other times she wouldn't even look back!

Did any of you go through this stage with your toddler? If yes, how did you deal with it? I don't want to bring in the toddler harness yet but if I don't find any other way, we may have to.

Raj

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi Raj,
    well,even my 23 mths old has learnt to just run away from me.
    what i do is take him out only in afternoons when there is less rush at malls.
    then if he runs away from me i don't follow but hide & try to keep an eye on him.normally,when he see that mom is not following he comes back looking for me.
    if unfortunaletly some day i end up losing him,my plan of action is to immediately inform the security guards on exit & then look for him so that nobody takes him out or he follows people out ............
    last suggestion is to buy a leash but it does not appeal to me.still u can try.
    putting a laminated I card with kids name ,address & phone no also helps(i do this even to my 5 year old when i travel alone with them both which includes the flight details & their photos)
    pragati

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Pragati, leaving an ID card on a 5 year old is a smart idea. No, I am not a big fan of toddler harness either. See Riya used to come back when we used to walk away from us, but not anymore!! :(

Raj