1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The wandering monkey!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Maya
    Thank you for your appreciation of my post and your good wishes for my health!
    I am trying to figure out if there is any other living being more hyperactive than a monkey but I am yet to find one. So I guess that our mind should be happy for the time being to be compared to only a monkey! But just as platinum despite its being more valuable than gold can never replace gold as the preferred material for making jewellery, no other living being can take the place of monkey as the alter ego of human mind!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Those words, for a change, are indeed a morale booster!
    What more can I say!
    Sri

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Meditation.... Great.... After reading your post, I couldnt control my laughter for 15 minutes... It was really great I enjoyed it....

This time I thought, I should reply with subject knowledge and learn more about the subject before posting the FB... So went to Google and searched .... It ran for pages... Various people give various types, reasons, methodologies... Then I thought at the end of the day, it is relaxing yourself... Breathing exercises etc... If we do our Sandhyavandhanam and pranayamam, the breathing exercise is taken care of automatically...For this, why should we strain ourselves... But I learnt onething.... It is followed by all religion....<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"></v:shapetype>

With regards to the monkey... I thought it is only me... I try this meditation for a long long time..... Almost15-20 years now... Only when I try to concentrate and focus, all the days happenings will keep running as a movie flash back... Especially the -ives... Only then, it will tell me how I should have reacted for that circumstances... I can shout / hit at people, which I cant afford to do otherwise... Hahahaha...

On a serious note... Please take care of your BP...

4. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    The more you google for meditation the more you are convinced that it is not our cup of tea. Actually when I close my eyes, my mind starts running riot! In fact, if at all I sit for meditation, I do so keeping my eyes wide open!
    When I chant Gayathri Mantra 1008 times as prescribed on the day after Avani Avittam, I concentrate more on the counting than the Mantra itself! So while others get up with more Tejas after chanting it for 1008 times, I get up with a confused look if I did it 1008 times or only 908 times!
    On a less serious note, my BP is taking care of me!
    Sri

5. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir ,
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Ur</st1:place></st1:City> experience with meditation is awesome & hilarious ! Especially the aftermath of ur meditation - scaring everyone with ur bloodshot eyes & grinding teeth …wow ..made me roll in laughter :rotfl !The wandering monkey with a broad gummy smile ….goes along with its trade mark action perfectly !
    " It sat down and closed its eyes as if mocking my attempt to meditate." Nice to imagine ! U r right – if we don’t restrict our mind too much , things r likely to come under our control easily !
    Vedavyas is right in saying that even doing sandhyavandhanam is good for bringing back our BP in control . Since u must be knowing it , do it regularly atleast for ur healthsake . This is my humble request , sir .
    Sad to know that ur family members don’t really enjoy ur sense of humour . But don’t worry , sir u ‘ve earned more than 10,000 fans ( the whole of IL! ) for <st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> SOH ! We are there for you ! Keep entertaining us !
    With regards ,
    Indhu .

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

That was a wonderful account of yr attempts at meditation.My wife meditates for an hour or two everyday, early in the morning.I tried meditation after bath, for 15 mins to thank the lord, but my monkey is as mischevious as yours.So i prefter to blog instead, and while blogging i thank the lord.

the lord understands , he is my pal.You are right, meditation is not for everyone, specially for u and me.:spinThanks for the wonderful peice.Regards.kamal

mine is 125/80, which the doc said is fine, and sugar fasting is 90.I guess these results give us more pleasure at this age than the results of any exam which we may given.

7. Cheeniya

Dear Indhu
    Thanks a lot for your FB. The way you have picked out select sentences from my post shows that you have yourself a great sense of humour! I am surprised that you have not started writing in a big way particularly when you have an illustrious writer as your dear hubby! It's time you start writing regularly.
    My family members dont enjoy only my brand of humour. They are otherwise great fans of Vadivelu and Vivek!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Kamal
    It is said that it is enough if the husband or wife meditates the reason being that one attains peace through meditation and the other gets peace through the other being in meditation! I cant believe that your monkey is as mischievous as mine since you say your BP is just 125/80! Must be a very benevolent and understanding monkey!
    Thanks, by the way, for making your presence after ages.
    Sri

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Very hilarious Cheeniya Sir, specially the red eyes and grinding teeth. To let my BP stay in the normal zone, I need to feed myself on the humourous recipes that you churn out so well. :rotfl

The monkey in me plays havoc during my spare time, which I seem to have in plenty. So, I too tried meditation. I found the monkey chattered :crazy more to me while I closed my eyes in so called meditation. So I gave it up. And started Yoga.

As long as I practiced the asanas at the yoga class, it was fine. But once I stopped the classes and started doing the asanas at home, it was a different scene. Just when I would do shirasasana, someone would knock on the door and by the time I could gather my head and legs and bring them into standing posture, the person at the door would have left. So I would come back, and do a Sarvangasana or a Chakrasana, and there would be another series of knocks on the door. With my mind at the door and a confused sense of where my arms and legs are, I would take time to extricate myself and again by the time I am at the door the knocks would have stopped and there would be no sight of any soul outside. This happened constantly and I gave up Yoga and surprisingly nobody knocks at my door these days.

10. Cheeniya

Dear Nivedi
    That was more hilarious than the lead post! In fact, I have no doubt that the ever famous expression 'What a tangled web we weave' relates more to all these complicated asanas than whatever it was intended for! Any enterprising writer could make tons of money writing a book on 'How to disentangle yourself from various Asanas!'
    After going through a bit of training in these Asanas, I have found that the safest is the Savasana which I practise most of the day!
    Is it possible that all those knocks that you heard through your intricate asanas could have been an effort of your mind rebelling against your taking such high risk poses by making you imagine all those door knocks? I ask this since you tell me that the knocks have ceased after you gave up your asanas!
    Sri