1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The waltz of the Black Ants

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sir,
    In line with your drishta sita i can say "wah re wah".
    Lessons from nature if only we can learn. I agree ant are noted for their management skill,team play and hardwork . I remember a discovery channel show where the ants got swept in the flood that they formed a float and saved the queen ant.
    We humans worry abt the future because we don't trust the Divine while animal kingdom leave it to nature.

Sir!Recently I overheard in the union meeting of the animal and insects kingdom that they are going to honor you with a doctorate since you frequently use them as subject of your post. They are happy that you are recognizing them.
    Jaya

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya
    Nice to see you responding to my rambling!
    We have plenty of lessons to learn from animals and insects. But we hardly set an example for them to follow! Have you read George Orwell's Animal Farm? It's a satire on Russian brand of communism of Stalin. The animals revolt against the farm owner only to get into a greater anarchy! The animal leaders propose Seven Commandments for the animals to follow. Though the animal leaders preach that all animals are equal, they treat the other animals like slaves with the explanation that all are equal but some or more equal than others!

That's what happens when animals start copying the humans. Fortunately they don't! Animals and insects are the quintessence of God's scheme of things for the living beings. But the humans are the ones that frustrate His designs all the time.

Nothing will give me greater joy than the animals recognising the merit in my championing of their cause!
    Sri

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    Your sense of humour is too good! So, you overheard that cheeniya will be awarded doctorate?
    Or is that your wishful thinking?
    Dr Cheeniya sounds quite good! To celebrate our friend going to be awarded doctorate, let us all:party
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I must admit i enjoy giving a tongue in cheek answer to Cheeniya, & i have this habit of finding something funny even in serious situation.
    Even when my husband passed away i was sitting next to the his body, n my son came out of the room wrapping a saree which he thought was dhoti, i burst into laughter.
    Jaya

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear cheeniya sir,

i am typing my fb for the third time now and hope it goes thru...a big "wow" to your lead post and some of the fbs here...

in my idealistic world i would love to see the waltz of the ants and enjoy it without disturbing them but can that happen in real life?i immediately send a silent prayer (yes to supress my guilt feeling ) asking HIM to forgive me for the act and hope that such creatures have a short sweet life..

really, why would one want to know the future...isnt that the beauty of life..often i have told myself "i never ever imagined that i would be doing this " and actually enjoyed that feeling more than actually doing it.<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

and of course pray that HE gives me the strength to bear any adversity in life..

a superb post..SERIOUS and FUNNY as only our cheeniya sir can..:thumbsup
    love
    Mindi

6. Cheeniya

Dear Jaya
    This is an instance of a very funny situation also getting equally poignant. It also speaks volumes of your ability to rise over your personal grief to look around you in its proper perspective. Hats off to you, Jaya
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

My dear Mindi
    It always feels good to see you visit my Ramblings and offer such encouraging comments. You almost make me feel as if I am some kind of Booker Prize material!
    You are very right about the feelings that a bunch of waltzing ants can generate in us. For a moment, we are lost in total awe and admiration. Suddenly we realize that the waltz is not in tune with our scheme of things. We descend on the scene armed with a broom and sweep them off skywards! It is like a bunch of youngsters taking to the streets to display their talents. The Policeman on duty may admire the kids’ antics secretly but his sense of duty makes him drive them away with a solid lathi.
    This is what people perhaps mean when they say ‘One man’s food is another man’s poison!’ Your take on people trying to know the future is very precise. It is like reading a whodunit novel backwards. Oh, how boring it will be if our future keeps unfolding before our eyes months ahead!
    Sri

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I am seeing waltz of fbs here...and enjoying them alongside the lead post, Cheeniya Sir.

As we are not in tune with nature, we are not able to dance to nature's tune..and that's why we look into the future so religiously.

sriniketan

9. Cheeniya

Dear Sri

You have a plausible explanation for our greater interest in the future than the present. We probably expect the nature of the future to be more in tune with our own nature so that it will be easier for us to dance to the tune of the future's nature!

I am happy you liked the lead post and the FBs. That makes my day!
    Sri

10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Loved your post. Always thoughtful ones with a lace of humour. The feedback too made good reading. As Chithra mami mentioned, it would sound good to address you as Dr Cheeniya. Waiting for that day [​IMG].

Wonder why I am getting to read a lot about ants these days.
    Yes, we would get to see more cheerful faces around us, if people stopped worrying about the unknown future.

The other day, a friend called me up from India. She was merrily chatting away .Suddenly the line disconnected, when she was conveying something important to me. Since she did not call back in few minutes, I made the call and enquired. She laughed and said, that balance amount in her prepaid card was over . She followed the ants mentality to make a ISD call to chat away happily, without checking the balance :rant. The network people played the role of what your domestic help did to the ants enjoying.

Am I deviating from what you wished to convey :hide:. Sorry.

Regarding guests, I always love to entertain them...we sometimes have guests coming even after we have hit the sack. But few days back when I was making tirunelveli halwa (as usual following mami's recipe) for the first time, I found myself praying that the calling bell should not ring. No, no, I did not mind sharing it with anyone ( you know I always give halwa to everyone :biglaugh), but could not imagine the end product if I leave the stirring midway to attend to them.

Thanx cheeniya sir for your wonderful posts.
    Bye

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009