1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The vulnerable Housewife and the gossipy maid

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jul 11, 2010.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

oh,dear!I got fed up with that avatar.Besides there are not many things to pick and choose these days,avatar in a web site fulfills that desire,hence this change.I love sparrows.
    love
    mithila

2. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila mami,

Absolutely true. My friend and I share the same maid. She has been with us both for 15 years. So you can imagine. When my friend is cross with her, she will have terrible things to say about the happenings in their house and I am sure it is vice versa. Fortunately we are very good friends so no damage done.

Love,
    Usha

3. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Mithilamma,
    I'm so glad to read one more lovely post with very useful message from you. I have not been so active in IL for past few months so missed reading your posts too.
    This one is all ready to be made into a superhit K serial which will draw good TRPs and still many women would forget and keep on gossiping.
    Keep writing
    Regards,
    Vaidehi

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Mithila,

Good story, but i guess this si for ladies, what am i doing here :biglaugh
    But wghat u write makes sense, we should not get too close to the maids and servants.But they do pick up what happens in yr house, and if they are partime, they will go and spread al things.

You know to test the maid, u can try a trick.Tell her a lie, for example, that this is your third marriage, that u were Rajesh Khanna's neighbour in those days, and he had proposed to u, and that u two were suppsoed to get married, till Dimple came along !!!

Now when this matter goes to the neighbours, and it comes back to u, u an alway say, that lady is dreaming, Rajesh Khanna and ordinary me, and 3 marriages eh ! and the maid will be discredited from all the houses after that.

How is the idea ? HAHA

Regards

kamal

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mithila...
    your story is so true... most of the housewives including my MIL have the stupid habit of informing the maids more than what is required... I really don't understand the need to talk about everything to everyone... these maids as you've rightfully have pointed out simply add spice to a dull happening and spread it to the other households...Also one should restrict gossip from the maids...
    I really hope ladies who read this post will realise the danger of talking senselessly to maids...
    K

6. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mithilama,

Wonderful narration. As you said its necessary to draw line. But most of them are not doing that. :)

7. mithila kannan

Dear usha,
    Bothyou and your riend happen to be matured individuals,so you have not allowed the maid to create trouble between you.Or may be by God's crace you gt a good maid,a decent person who does not gossip.You are lucky.
    love
    mithila

8. mithila kannan

My dear vaidehi,
    Glad to get this fb from you.How are you?
    Iam happy you liked the post.All of us are vulnerable at times.When somethings trouble you ,you want an outlet.When you are too happy,you want to share that joy with some one immediately.Fortunately the maid happens to be there with us ,may be at the wrong time,we confide in her and lo and behold,whatever you tld her are in the gossip grinding machine.

love
    mithila

9. mithila kannan

My dear kamalji,
    Not only women my good friend,men are also gossip mongers and so are the divers that men employ.How about taking the name of Rekha in the place of Rajesh Khanna and tr the story with your friends who walk with you in the mornings?HA!HA!

Jokes apart,all of us need an out let to our feelings both sad and happy moments and most housewives find the maid a good choice to pour their hearts out to.If the maid is an overly imaginative person,then problems are bound to occur.

love
    mithila

10. mithila kannan

My dear K,
    Not only your MIL my dear K,mine also used to do that.In her later years my MIL found in our maid her dearest friend and used to talk to her in hushed tones.I used to get maha irritated,but when I ignored it,my maid became ok,but not the MIL.

Dear K,what would the elderly do,sitting at home looking to us for everything?So I could understand my MIL's position.But I would not agree with an educated woman treating her maid as her confidant.A small matter will snowball taking a giant size and may end in a disaster in a family.
    Iam happy that you liked the pst,my dear.
    love
    mithila