1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The +ve change you brought about in your spouse? how?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Jun 12, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

With time couples bond and invariably develop some acquired taste for the other's habits and likings. There will be a definite influence of one on the other. If you were to name atleast one positive change you brought about in your DH/DW.. what would that be? It could be as simple as a +ve change in the way of dressing to a massive change in the way of expressing and way of thinking..

Feel free to list one or list all. It would be even better, if you could share 'how' you brought about that change. :)

PS: I owe this thread to a friend - the inspiration for the same :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

*faints*

I dont know

*faints* Will ask DW and let you know later.

3. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

Does that mean you haven't been able to bring any positive change in your DW? Or that you think she is perfect and doesn't need to change??

4. ilite

ilite Senior IL'ite

Wow ! Ms. True, I don't know if IL has a prize for starting the most interesting threads in a year. My vote goes for you. That was on tangent!

Coming to this thread, I feel my DH has become a lot more expressive (even his family thinks so) after I came into his life. To his credit, I have become very flexible and easygoing which has made life better for all of us.

Will write more as we get going.

Regards,

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Reply is in Tangent thread in Chit chat

6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Spidey - I knew why you fainted - you did bring a +Ve Bank Balance but just now you realized that it's not even a joint account and it's in your DW's name. :)

:rotfl

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Experience talks
    :bowdown to the experience

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  8. sirilu27

sirilu27 New IL'ite

Amazing Post! thanks for starting it!
    Well, there are a lot of changes that happened in both of us after our marriage.
    The change I brought in my DH was perhaps changing his habit of always commenting on everyone.(not before them but while referring to them)
    I used to get soo vexed up initially when he would comment on everyone, including his relatives,my relatives,his not-so-close frns etc etc.
    Then I told him once as to why he wants to comment or make fun of everyone.Then whenever he would comment, I would always point out the good in the person he was commenting on.Like suppose he says, his aunt is blah blah blah, I would try to bring out a positive aspect in her and put it before him.I stopped asking him not to comment but instead went the other way round.Now Guess what, he has changed soo much that if I anytime out of vexation talk /comment abt someone, he says, why dont u understand their point of view.Wow! I love him for that.

1 person likes this.
  9. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

True,

I couldn't participate in any of these threads. Let me get married soon at least for the sake of writing here. ;-)

You tempt me. Bad you. :rant

Excuse us Sri

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Mithy, You can include dear fiancee or dear boyfriend in place of DH. So, go on.