1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The vanishing tribe

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, May 12, 2009.

1. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    I literally look forward to reading your posts cause I learn a lot from your thoughts and writing. I also try to imbibe your diction by reading lines over and over again. Below are some of them that I loved to re-read.

To recall and remind ,those days quite a few judges reveled in expressing themselves in choice English as one observes connoisseurs chewing Calcutta pan these days.

Sweating and faltering I completed the dictation and waited anxiously for the typed report.Alas-the typed report did not have even remote resemblance to what I remembered to have dictated.I put it on my Madras accent and vowed to improve myself.

The tribe of Narayanan has vanished. I tried to content myself with an attractive selection which went well with the panelled cabin and the expensive interior décor.

Of late, I've been off this circuit (snippets) cause wasn't browsing IL as much as I used to before but today am planning to read most of them. Thank you so much for making my day with your brilliant post.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Richa,
    I am glad that you enjoyed the write up.It is a matter for satisfaction that you have extensively quoted from the snippet.I also enjoy sharing my experience with others and at the end of it if there is a message it is my good luck.Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN