1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Vanishing Tribe

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

An era is going to end
    A generation is going to leave this world in the coming 10/15 years...

This generation people are totally different...

Those who sleep early at night, those who wake up early in the morning, those who go out for a walk in the morning.

Those who water the courtyard and plants, those who pluck flowers for the worship of God, those who worship, those who go to the temple everyday.

Those who talk to those who meet on the way, those who ask about their happiness and sorrow, those who bow with both hands folded, those who don't take food without worship.

Fascinating on old phones, maintaining phone number diaries, talking with wrong number, reading newspaper twice to three times a day.

Those who always remember Ekadashi, those who remember Amavasya and Purnamasi, those who have great faith in God, those who fear society, those with old slippers, vests, glasses.

Those who make pickle papad in summer, those who use homemade masala and always look for local tomatoes, eggplant, fenugreek, saag bhaji.

Do you know that all these people are slowly leaving us.

Do you have anyone like this in your house? If yes, take great care of them.

Otherwise, an important lesson, will go with them... That is, a satisfactory life, a simple life, a life that inspires, a life without adulteration and texture, a life that walks on the path of religion and a spiritual life that cares for everyone.

Give respect and affection, time and love to those who are elders in your family, and if possible try to follow some of their footsteps, because this is the generation, who Knew the art of being happy.

Lastly...
    This is the last generation in human history, who listened to their elders and now are listening to their younger ones.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am proud to belong to that vanishing generation:blush:

3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

:worship2::worship2::worship2:

My wistful thinking is that the newest generation will revive this lifestyle. In today's world , with mental diseases like depression , anxiety , taking over all other illness, we are starting to realise the social cost of our lifestyle. We have more freedom, we have bigger better homes and vacations, access to great education and health care and retirement plan - but like Midas , we are realising a little too late on what we are loosing out .It maybe too late for us to change much, but the not too late to sow the seeds of change in the next generations . I do see the young ones more nuanced and not so one dimensional as a majority of my gen was.

nayidulhan and Cheeniya like this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

My parents belong to that tribe and they were in front of me while reading your article. At present, I have been following above things only but I try to go temple on weekend.
    I'm not blessed to keep and take care of them at my home. My sister is lucky and she takes care of them very well.

5. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

[

Lastly...
    This is the last generation in human history, who listened to their elders and now are listening to their younger ones.[/QUOTE]
    This is 200%true,am the example to this,bcoz I always insist my parents to say am right and to do wat I said,never ready to listen them and I don't have a chance nor am lucky to take care of them even they are just 40km away from me ... missing them alot and praying the god to give wealth in there older age ...

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Same here I am.also proud to be of that generation. Your every sentence is very true

I agree with your last para

7. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

@Cheeniya , not everyone that belongs to the generation you mentioned is religious, there are some from the next generation who would like to be like that, but cannot, because of the changes in time and environment. Nowadays, being religious is equated to being a bigot. Listening and following traditions is considered superstition, following blind beliefs and waste of time. People would rather pursue their hobbies which could range from something harmless, interesting to self-destructive. But they will not take to spirituality. Even if they do, it is for purely materialistic reasons, not for the love of God. Anything that does not result in monetary benefits is considered useless and waste of time.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  8. sarvantaryamini

Why Mistt? Is it personal constraints or they are not comfortable with you?

9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Oh, no! It's not like that. I live in USA and my sister lives in same town in India where my parents live. They visited us a few times But they like their comfortable, independent life in India. That's it.:smile:

sarvantaryamini and Cheeniya like this.
  10. sarvantaryamini

I agree with you. It is not easy to lead a dependent life.