1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Vanishing Act

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

That's a wish worth pursuing. :) At least, I wish he would do this to me instead of me having to go through all the tortuous exercises. Thanks for reading.

oj

2. ojaantrik

Dear Jaya-san:

That's a great way of putting it! But if change is the only constant of nature, then who's this "we" you are discussing? Do I exist? I don't know if I is a continuously changing phenomenon!! You make me wonder ... Hmmm ...

oj

3. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Hai Mam!! I am really spellbound with ur article. The fact is we all are wearing out day by day, at least we renew our inner thoughts and feeling everyday. When I did a little pondering on this, I feel some percentage of us, though how much ever little, is wearing off daily. We do not know when we will exhaust fully. Is not our fights, hartred, intolerance, and violence for unworthy things in day-to-day life meaningless? Expecting more from u!! Really u kindled my thought process!! It goes on and on.. but have to retire to my work.. :) Regards, Janani Natarajan

4. ojaantrik

Dear Friend:

How true indeed. When you put it this way, I am reminded of Yudhishthira being interviewed by Dharma (disguised as Yaksha). The Yaksha had asked amongst other things: What's truly ASTONISHING?

Yudhishthira had replied:

ahanyaoni bhootani gachchhanti yamamandiram//

shesha sthiravamichchhanti kimashcharyamatah param.

Translated: "Even though living beings depart for Yama's abode everyday, the rest of humanity wishes to live for ever -- what can be more astonishing than this?"

Thanks for your fb.

oj

5. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

That was sooooo good ...

"death comes through the mirror"... how true !!!

last time I visited my mom's place, I was seeing those old photos of mine.. school .. vacation .. picnics etc... I can now realise how much of a disappearing act I have done myself ...

6. ojaantrik

Dear Charu,
    This was quite a surprise, I mean discovering that someone found out a thYeng I wrote quite a while back. It's fun too. According to the philosophy I preached in this bog, the part of me that wrote it has disappeared into the darkness of the irretrievable past. Yet, by reading it and commenting on it, you have endowed me with fresh life. I felt the same way when you commented on A Flat Atop the New Market. Thanks a ton. I almost feel youthful.
    Regards.
    oj