The Unknown Gods of Today’s Nuclear Families - The SENIOR CITIZENS

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by parusabari, Mar 7, 2010.

1. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello Deepali,

Thank you for having gone thru the post.
    It is true however we may achieve in our life our ancestors are super achievers than us.

Love,
    Parvathi.

2. vijayacmouli

vijayacmouli New IL'ite

Your article On unknown Gods of Today's Nuclear Families -The Senior Citizens touched my heart and soul and drew tears!
    All that you have expressed is so true - let us hope that the younger generations do realise what life is really about!
    It is not about money , comforts and getting good placements in life.
    We have to recall the stories of PRAHALADA and SRI RAMA to instil in children that BHAKTHI, PREMA and SVADHARMA .Today's parents must realize their duty and consideration for their parents who gave their everything to make them what they are so that their children will follow their example in their turn !
    As we sow we shall reap and the cycle continues - - - !

Just as an after-thought - after reading the title MOTHER'S DAY I am adding a point of view (maybe a bit mis-placed in this comment section of this article ) I wonder why we are monkeying the west to celebrate MOTHER'S DAY?

Some years back while learning French at a Belgian University the professor asked me the question as to whether we celebrated MOTHER'S DAY in BHARAT. My reply to her was a forhthright NO and I explained to her that to us HINDUS a MOTHER is the first and foremost GOD and everyday is MOTHER'S DAY and FATHER'S DAY as we believe and practice MATHRIDEVO BHAVA ,PITHRADEVO BHAVA and ACHAARYADEVO BHAVA and also ATITHIDEVO BHAVA !!!She was pleasantly surprised at our wisdom and our way of life .
    Then she herself said that every celebration in the West was for making profit - buying gifts etc in the name of some pretext.There was no soul at all in all these celebrations as they are all for profit and money gain.
    My heart sinks with desperation and sadness as to why we here in BHARAT are aping western practices without head,heart and sensibility .Why are we giving up our own traditions to follow blindly everything western and alien to our wise customs???
    Let us see sense before it is too late !

3. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello,

Welcome to IL. Thank you for having gone through this post.

As you have rightly quoted my dear friend that Mother, Father, Guru and Guests should be treated equal to God.
    There is an old saying in Tamil since God could not be present everywhere the Almighty created Mothers.
    The strong arm who hold us when we cry, the warm smile which encourages us when we are sad, the hands that not only cook for us untiringly but also feeds us. With the love and care not to forget her stern eyes which catch us immediately if we do any wrong deed.........that is Mom. Always caring, sacrificing, loving and wanting us to be good in every walk of our life.

Let us all be more loving to our parents so that the old age homes will have space only for the most needed.

Love,
    Parvathi.