The Unknown Gods of Today’s Nuclear Families - The SENIOR CITIZENS

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by parusabari, Mar 7, 2010.

1. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello all,

Unselfish, Polite, Patient, Kind in words and Deeds, Undemanding........these are the words which describe our parents. Is not it the time when people become old they take good rest. But nowadays I am seeing Old people more bogged down by work than young generation.
    So many sacrifices have been made by our parents so that we cud go to school, go to learn computer courses. Now people are paying through their noses to get the children educated though earning almost 3 times to what senior citizens were earning. But are we installing in our children the good manners that our parents gave us. Materialistically parents are satisfying the children’s needs but what about the Emotional Satisfaction. The emotional part is been fulfilled by the grand parents as most of the couples of the working.

Morning the pathi of the house gets up.......the young generation go to work. Servant is hired for most house old chores. But pathi and thatha have to do most of the work. Make the grand children wake up. Make them ready for school. Coax them to eat the breakfast. Pick their bags and drop them to the busstop. It is only then they get time to tell shlokas, watch a bit of t.v. And then inspect the servant. Time for a nap but they have to run to the bus stop to bring back their grandchildren. Send the grandchildren to tuition classes. Night by the time young generation comes from work dinner is prepared. No night t.v shows for thata and pathi as the children of the house will get a bad impact from t.v shows. Is not the society bad enough to give bad thoughts to children? But advice is given to senior citizens to put off the t.v.

Most of the birthday parties are celebrated in Pizza hut etc..... though most of the senior citizens do not like burger, pizza, coke. But do thoughts of buying idly vada sambhar enter into the young generation mind. Please do remember the Mom who used to learn and prepare the dishes untiringly not only for us but also for friends.

Most of the senior citizens are staying all alone as kids are in different parts of the world. I dread to think how the senior citizens are managing alone in this age when they most need help. Could we have obtained school admission without our parents, Could we have paid the fees, brought the books……… then why some expect the parents to go for checkup all alone, buy medicines with their pension money. Let us be kind to our parents.

Think of the many family occasions our parents missed because of our exams or because we were not well. But we can’t imagine taking a day off from work for them. I think the young generation has become too selfish. Take a day off; take the parents to a good outing. Buy them some goodies………..one will find happiness and peace.

These are some of the common things I found in the society happening. So just penned down my thoughts.
    Yes if you ask me I always had respect for elders but after becoming a mother I have become extra extra kind and love all the thathas and pathi in the world. The unknown hands of the almighty is protecting them. I pray to the almighty to bless the Senior Citizens with lots of love and peace in their old age as it is the most that they need.

Please let us all love and respect the Gods whom we daily see in front of us - Our parents and Our Inlaws and Our Elders.

Love,
    Parvathi.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

I :bowdown to u for this wonderful write-up.
    Each and every sentence mentioned there is very true and worthy of reading and re-reading.
    We are nothing without them and nothing when compared to them. Earning double their salary gives us no credit. The salary just looks more in the present economic and business scenario. How much of work they did and are still doing. We have so much to learn from them.

Surely some unknown Gods are only protecting them and I too pray that they be blessed with all the wealth, health and happiness during this part of their life.

Very thoughtful of u to have written on this.

Good day to u.

3. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thank u dear for ur good words.

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear parusabari,
    A wonderful, thought provoking write up. You have poured up your thoughts in a very emotional manner.
    We had lost the etiquette of showing courtesy towards our senior citizens in homes and outside. How bad it is, could be a matter of debate but it is so true that senior citizens in our country are a significantly neglected lot. Lot of initiative needs to be taken up by the governments the society and the younger generations in order to improve the lives of them. Serious steps are required to make things nice and easy for our elders who had toiled hard for the families and the society in there young days.If we give respect to senior citizens we won't find so many old aged homes. Today we never spend a minute to think of them. They are a treasure to our society. When the citizens of a country give proper respect and courtesy to senior citizens we can take the nation to greater heights.
    with love
    pad

5. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello,

Thank you dear Padmini Madam. Cud relate to u after seeing u in the marraige pics posted by sridhar sir.

Love,
    Parvathi.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Parvathy

You have written very nicely what is happening in some of the house of late. The youngsters dont realise that one day they will also become senior citizens. When they realise that they will give importance to their parents and grand parents.

God takes care of them and I wish that God gives them good health and happiness

love
    viji

7. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Parvathy,

Every word of your post warmed my heart... DH and I qualify as grandparents who are there for the 2 little ones 24X7!

The pleasure of watching and enjoying the various stages of the growing-up process is beyond compare... specially as we can just relax and relive the memories of our own children... maybe we were a bit preoccupied with family, in-laws and many other things in those days...

Senior Citizens, yes but Unknown Gods? Well, the immeasurable pleasure we get far outweighs any expectations, (happy to say that we have none!).

Lovely post, Paru...

Looking forward to many more gems from you...

Jai Bhavani Maa!

Love,
    Padma

8. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji Ma,

Thank you for having gone thru this post. It is true that we may also become old . So as we sow so shall we reap.Rest all decided by almighty.

Love,
    Parvathi.

9. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma Madam,

Thank you for encouraging me. Felt happy after seeing your fb.

Love,
    Parvathi.

10. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Paru,

Your post is absolutely written from heart. Undoubtedly, our grand parents are always a source of inspiration. For all our small demands, small mistakes and stories we went to them only. And those moments never fade away. We should always try to give back the love we got from them when we children and inculcate the same to our children as well.

Nice write up.