1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Unanswered Question....

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, May 5, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Aarna glanced at her watch as she was about to enter the house. Date showed 1st May 2050 and the time was 6.30 pm. Her house door scanned her eyes and allowed her in. House app showed her name and their domestic help under current occupants of the house.

Where is Rajiv?He should be home by now.

Out of all these days..he is late today. She had exciting news to share to him. Their application to have kid was approved by the government. Next month they will have to undergo the residential training on parenting and post clearing the exam, they will be provided with license to have kids. Only 1 in 10 applications are called for training and the application to license ratio was still lesser. Government was becoming very strict to control earth population.

Their domestic help DX011, sensed her excitement and brought her favorite Masala Chai and cookies. Aarna reviewed the list of tasks done by DX011 and was shocked to find dinner preparation is yet to begin. She remembers setting the dinner menu in the morning. Oh yeah she has set the dinner menu as Rajma chawal. Reason that DX011 gave was there is no Rajma in the house.

Wish I could hire a human help..What’s the use of spending in latest version of this Robot if I cannot be pro-active to the least? Can’t it order Rajma from the Smart kitchen? After all it’s linked with all the near by grocers. She changed the dinner menu and filed a complaint to customer care department of DX011. She didn’t react when DX011 mumbled sorry!

Aarna tried Rajiv’s number again. Bang came the reply he is driving. Phones are integrated with bikes, the moment bike engine starts phones are switched off automatically. But he is supposed to be starting at 6.29 and now the time is 6.39. It should not take ten minutes in eight lane highway in Sky.

All the countries adapted to Sky highway as there were no space for vehicles in earth. Every building had Sky launch pad and it launched the vehicle into sky’s orbit in matter of seconds. People were able to reach across country in matter of minutes.

By the time Aarna finished her bath, DX011 has finished the dinner preparation and was in call with the maintenance company. She could see DX011 was being upgraded to fix her complaint.

‘What’s the use? You are not human and yet to be fully developed.’ Aarna muttered loudly now. Hope they make a better system by the time I have my kid she thought herself.

Their house app alerted that Rajiv’s vehicle is parked in their designated parking lot. Aarna looked eagerly at door as she wanted to share the exiting news to Rajiv.

‘What happened Rajiv?’ She looked at Rajiv and saw some injuries in leg. ‘You had an accident?’ she questioned.

‘Yes’ Rajiv winced in pain, limping his way to sofa.

DXO11 rushed near sofa, kept some pillows and elevated his leg. It cleaned his wound and gave him a pain killer.

‘I fell down. Someone travelling in Sky bus threw a banana peel in the environment and my bike wheel couldn’t handle the external object, so engine stopped all of a sudden. I fell down because of the sudden impact. ‘

Aarna could feel the piercing glance of DX011 and the question it had in memory , ‘So are you humans really developed?‘

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    VinuthaS, HazelPup, periamma and 14 others like this.

2. Deva1891

Deva1891 Senior IL'ite

Awesome!! no words to comment on your futuristic writting

3. blackbeauty84

Many many thanks.. My first try in this genre..

4. Deva1891

Deva1891 Senior IL'ite

Keep going

5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Hey BB,
    This is so exciting... What an idea ?? Keep going and thanks for giving us a story.

PS

6. blackbeauty84

Thanks..Happy you loved the idea. It would be exciting isn't it?

7. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

When I read the title, I was wondering has it got something with 'why Kattappa killed Bahubali?':grinning:

peddadas and blackbeauty84 like this.
  8. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Nice imagination.... Keep going Plz.

9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

lol..agreed Bahubali everywhere..

10. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite