1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Tree of Life - a Natural Wonder

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The Tree of Life ( Shajarat al-Hayah) is a 400/500/even some say 800 years old Mesquite tree in Bahrain which is considered a natural wonder. This unique tree stands alone in the desert about 1.2 miles (two kilometers) from the Jebel Dukhan.The source of water for this tree still remains a mystery, because it stands in a place completely free of water whatsoever.
    For me this tree symbolises, strength and success against the odds source. It's a very beautiful site to see one of God's creations in a particular location. The tree is known to have been in its place for hundreds of years, and many experts can not figure out how a single tree has grown so large in such a desolate place.
    In the vast emptiness, the ray of life..the tree...just like a umbrella for those travellers who come beaten through the heat...
    There is a belief among the locals that it could have been the exact location of the garden of eden..whatever..It stands like there so majestically...as an example for strength and survival, and will power....
    For more on this great natural wonder check out this link...
    .http://www.tribuneindia.com/2000/20000611/spectrum/main8.htm

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanti,
    That is amazing to see that a tree can grow and thrive so well in the middle of the desert. We can take a few pointers for life from it, I say.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi janani,

Yes. it is so amazing.and we can really take pointers....

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi
    The link shows a nice picture of the tree though farther away. Isnt it incredible that the tree has survived and also going strong. I absolutely admire the manner in which you interpret the tree suriving. It really is one of God's wonder and creation.

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi,
    They say that, the roots of the tree can go as far as there is a water-source to get its water. It is really amazing to see their survival techniques by which we can also learn something.
    In India, where we see Saraswathi River as a hidden river, they are having an evidence that it runs under our desert region.

sriniketan

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi AC,

I have exhausted my quota of attachment..that is why could not upload a beautiful and closer one.

yes survival..is a lesson to be learnt from this tree...

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sriniketan,

I fully agree about the survival techniques....seeing is believing.and also have read about the saraswathi river..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

9. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Woderful. I enjoy reading such information. I will mail this to one of my friends and tell her to join IndusLadies so that she can directly access such inspiring and useful posts. kanaka

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kanak,
    Thanks for peeping...will keep posting few more. you are welcome .....I and my family love nature.....