1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Transformed Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sarah61212, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Sarah61212

Sarah61212 Silver IL'ite

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Lord Jesus gave His life for us for our sake.

What was the reward He had for shedding His glory and submitting to death on the cross? The Bible says, “Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name” (Philippians 2:9).

The Bible says, “Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil-- and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death” (Hebrews 2:14,15).

That is why, today when anyone goes to Him and pleads with Him to cleanse him of his sins, exercising His powers, He washes him with the blood which He shed on the Cross. Cleansing him of all his sins, He makes him a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).

In an army, there was a soldier of awesome appearance and terrific strength. His name itself was ‘Lion.’ He was a renowned professional fighter. None in his regiment dared to oppose him. Everyone feared him and trembled before him.

Such a dreaded soldier, one day, entered the chapel in his army camp. A pastor was delivering God’s message which drew him towards Christ. He felt within himself: “Alas! Without the Lord Jesus, I am making my life into a hell!” He knelt down, humbled himself before God and repented. He was changed into a new creature by the Lord. All the soldiers who saw the change in him were amazed. The eyes of the entire regiment were focused on him to test how real his salvation was.

Days passed by. One day, four soldiers together brought a barrel full of boiling soup and poured it on his chest. Those who witnessed it said, “Surely, the ‘Lion’ will leap forth and attack those four.”

But the lion had become a lamb by then. He gently wiped the burns all over his chest with soft linen. He told those around him: “I have now become a Christian. Shouldn't I live like Christ in this world? I will endure this and much more for Him.” All were shocked to see the change in him. Many of them committed their lives to the Lord then and there.

To transform our lives like His, to derive the necessary authority to make us live in this world like Him, shedding the power He then had in heaven and sacrificing all His glory even into shedding His blood for us, Lord Jesus was born in this earth. It is because of such sacrifice that we are able to become His children and attain His glory. Even today, He is eagerly waiting to transform your life. Commit your life His hands. He will make you a new creation.

Lord Jesus, I thank You for your sacrifice. I accept You as my Saviour. I commit my life into your hands. I ask for your forgiveness. Wash me with your blood and grant me your forgiveness. Transform my life and make me a new creation. In Your matchless name I pray. Amen.