1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Three & Twenty Idiots

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    The Three & Twenty Idiots<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Well this is partly about the Idiots that u are thinking of, but neither of the movie , nor of the book. Brother and Bhabhi liked the movie very much, and wouldn’t mine seeing it again for my sake, for they want me to come with them, they feel sorry for me as I don’t see many movies in the theatres.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Well I see 3 Idiots all right, Vidhu Chopra, Amir, and Chetan Bhagat. I just don’t understand the controversy in the papers. According to what I understand, Chetan Bhagat was contracted in 2005, for a certain sum of money, and some bonus, and Chopra says that the contract specifies that they can twist and turn the movie any which way they want it .<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Bhagat does not deny this part, but says, the story is 50% of the book, Chopra says it is 20%, and Amir says it is 5%, or whatever. The First Idiot, Chetan says, he got the credit in the rear ( of the movie I mean ), instead of the front, The second Idiot Chopra , says so what, the main story is written by X I don’t remember his name, maybe Joshi, while Joshi is saying nothing at all.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    I just don’t understand what the fight is all about. There is no money dispute here, neither of the story, then what ? Is it the ego’s of the parties involved here, chetan wanting credit at the beginning of the movie in big words, or what ? <o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    And the third Idiot Amir Khan takes the cake. Before the release of the movie he goes all over the country, in disguises, and even gets himself treated with a doctor here in Jaipur , and it is all over the papers.Free publicity worth crores that was.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    And who is he to get involved in all this , for it is between the seller , tht is Bhagat, and the buyer, that is Chopra, Amir is no one to butt in.Or maybe it is all for the publicity, so the movie sells, which it has already, and for the book to sell, which is out of stock now, thanks to the ideocracies of the 3 Idiots.What some people will do for a little bit of money and fame ! <o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Twenty Air <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region _fckxhtmljob="12"><st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> Idiots<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    And look at these idiotic passengers of an air India Flight at Mumbai on Saturday ... The flight, to <st1:City _fckxhtmljob="12"><st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>, with 269 passengers was cancelled at 9/30 pm, and the pilots left the Aircraft, and told the passengers to disembark, and it will leave in the morning. The rowdy passengers, around 20 of them, refused to let the other passengers go, and held them and the crew members hostage for the next 12 hours inside the aircraft.Cancellation was because of the fog in <st1:City _fckxhtmljob="12"><st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>, where the flight was heading.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Since the flight had been cancelled, there was no food and Water on the flight, and no water in the bathrooms too !<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    These passengers were promised hotel rooms in Hyat , which is a pretty expensive hotel, but still they decided to act like idiots, I don’t know if that is the right word.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    What do the passengers think, they own the Airlines, or the crew members ? that they are their personal servants ? The crew members described , what they face inside the Aircraft, and what they go through. Some guys like to go to the loo, when the food trolleys are brought out, forcing the crew members to go right at the end of the aircraft to accommodate that one lunatic. And these idiots will enver address a lady air hostess politely, calling them by crooking their fingers at them.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    And this one takes the cake.On International flights, those who want Veg Food, specify at the time of booking the ticket. So Veg are limited to the number ordered, and just a few more , just in case. Now a Nonveg fellow sometimes remembers in the flight that today is a Monday or a Thursday, like me for instance don’t eat on these days, and they don’t eat on that day, so they change their preference to a Veg, and it is not available in the flight, and fights break out over this too .That is one reason I am such a nice person, when away fro Jaipur, I eat all days.Why pick up a fight over a veg meal, as it is , for me it is ghas phoos !<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    This one passenger I will never forget.Being a Veg, got a veg packet, and in the custard or something, asked the air hostess if that contained eggs, the lady was zapped and said , maam I don’t know, and the lady fired her, that she should know it in the first place.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    What is the fault of the Crew in this ? they don’t even know what is in the food packets, they serve u what they are given by the Airlines. <o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    If u are so particular about the food, don’t eat in the aircraft, bring your own from home and eat it. Don’t chew the brains of the airhostesses. In these pretty girls , I see my daughters. Normally I ogle at pretty females, but somehow in the flights I take them as my daughters.Strange ? Well once my daughter expressed her desire to be an airhostess, and I just see her in them.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    And I wonder, what if this was my daughter, how would I treat her ! She must be someone’s daughter, taking this as a glamorous job, with stars in her eyes, and what she gets is some rude passengers who make life hell for them.they are treated by some as personal maids, really.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Given a choice today, I would still prefer Air <st1:country-region _fckxhtmljob="12"><st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> to King Fisher. Firstly , Air India, for whatever rate u buy the ticket, u are served food, and good one , mind u. Secondly, in case of the plane not taking off, they will give u a hotel room, which private people don’t.Thirdly they will take u to the destination the next day, or the next after that. I wrote about what happened to my friends flying on King Fisher to <st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">Goa</st1:place> from Jaipur.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    The flight got cancelled, and they were just given the refund, they had to take a cab to <st1:City _fckxhtmljob="12"><st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> buy new tickets from <st1:City _fckxhtmljob="12"><st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> to <st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">Goa</st1:place>, and pay the current rate. This is what King Fisher is all about, whom most rate highly.Air India I am srue will never leave u in the lurch, they did give the Mumbai passengers the Hyat, and still the passengers behave like Goons and idiots.Imagine holding passengers and crew hostage for 12 hours inside the flight, and I forgot to add, with Bathrooms overflowing in the Aisle, swear this was in the papers.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    These 20 people should get a punishment they will never forget.If I had the powers, I would have their photos taken, and put it at every Airport, and they would be barred from flying for a certain period, by all Airlines. And under the photos, should be their names and addresses, so that all travelers can see them, and it will be a warning to all , that if u misbehave, even your photo will be at every Airport, and u wont be able to fly.The shame of it all should be enough, to make people behave.Simple and straight.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    So the movie the 3 Idiots has inspired real life Idiots too, and I think many more Idiots will born in 2010 !<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    KAMAL MAHTANI<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Joke sent by my friend Dev Kumar Vasudevan<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Bahud Der Baad Train Chali.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Muslim Bola Ya Ali,<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Hindu Bola Jai Bajrang <st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">Bali</st1:place>,<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Sardar Bola Kya Ali aur Kya Bali,<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Train to Baju Wali Chali.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Sardar Calls FM Radio Station & Said <o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    I have found a Wallet with 15000 cash, and ID card of Trilok Singh, adresse XXXXXX, <st1:City _fckxhtmljob="12"><st1:place _fckxhtmljob="12">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    DJ – How Honest, so u want to return his wallet to him.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">
    Sardar – No , No, I want to dedicate a song to him “ Jo Chala Gaya Usse Bhool Ja”<o:p _fckxhtmljob="12">

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji

I think I have the privilege of giving the first fb to this post. You are right some arilines dont give cash back if the flight is cancelled and its a loss to the people who dont earn so much and if they have to reach the place in time. Its nice of you to think of your daughter when you see the Air hostesses. I also think Air India is the best.

As always enjoyed reading your post.

Regards
    viji

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

I started off, rather you started off, with the 3 Idiots and ended with many idiots...no no, I don't mean myself (never mind what you think about me!) and a bit more about Sardarjis..no, I wont call them idiots! Although the whole blog just zoomed by, the one thing I will remember is that it left me laughing aloud that my hubby thought I had gone idiotic!
    You are so funny!

L, Kamla

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

i hope you saw the movie but do read the book by chetan bhagat ...it is really hilarious...:thumbsup

the idiot who claims that it is 50 % from the book is telling the truth..he has tried to be very smart, made the book as the base and then changed the characters and story a very little bit here and there...i came home thinking whether there would be any contoversy and here you are with the deatils..:)

That is one reason I am such a nice person, when away fro Jaipur, I eat all days.Why pick up a fight over a veg meal, as it is , for me it is ghas phoos !

hahaah of course you are a nice person..i totally agree with you

In these pretty girls , I see my daughters. Normally I ogle at pretty females, but somehow in the flights I take them as my daughters.Strange ? Well once my daughter expressed her desire to be an airhostess, and I just see her in them.

hahah Now Really????? ..seee,i KNEW you were a nice person...

and I think many more Idiots will born in 2010 !

oh please do not give any badh duas..dont we have enough idiots already?

A FUN blog kamalji,i enjoyed it...but really , recommend two of chetan bhagats books very strongly...." five point someone" and the latest" two states"..no great language or story l but you can :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Nice post Kamalji. Read through quite swiftly the stories of different Idiots.
    Although I am a big Aamir fan and I felt bad when you called him idiot :-(.
    He has always been a charming man to me :).

I have also felt sometimes how the passengers are so heartless and non-courteous and way out of line and unrealistic sometimes on flight with their demands. It is not an easy job for flight attendants to put up with some inappropriate behaviour like this. Did you know that the Singapore - Madras sector is called a Punishment Sector? I did not know this till I had been on flight to and from India. My god, the passengers are sooooo unreasonable with their demands. Aake baithe nahi theek se on their seats, straightaway demand for alcohol or orange juice or milk etc etc. Why don't they let everyone settle down first ?? Nobody pays attention to any announcements. And the umpteen number of hand baggages they carry is just unbelievable. Kya kya leke jaate hain and aate hain, allah miya knows. I am sorry and I don't mean to offend anybody here, but it annoys the hell out of me and I feel ashamed when humare hi log aise behave karte hain..... sorry, I degressed from the Idiot topic a bit.

By the way Kamalji, you now have three books to read. Two suggested by Mindi and one that I had hinted (Shantaram!)...............

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

kamalji,

i was just expecting the air india episode from you but i got a double dhamaaka.

2010 shuru ho gaya - expect one, get one free from kamalji.

nicely interwoven plot between the 3 idiots & air india passengers.

3 idiots:

if it's an idiotic movie and we watch - we are idiots but here it's evident that even if you enjoy a movie they make us idiots. so we are idiots all the way.

idiocracy or idiomania or idiotism? zindaabaad.

air india:

you are right - few idiotic passengers do think they own the flight.

that was really nice of you to see the hostesses as your daughters - thanks to your daughter for instilling the image in you.

i see air india hostesses as my aunt. but my aunt never said she wanted to a hostess. (no offence meant). really time to replace the old fleet of air india crafts & the aunties.

these idiots will have to treated as hijackers & punished.

budget airline is the solution for these passengers who demand more & more. let them buy what they want and not harress the aunties sorry hostesses.

attn: knot2share

most charming or not charming, men are idiots - you know they get married. aamir is too charming & that's a reason i believe he is parting ways with his wife & planning for a second innings. so he is an idiot square or a square idiot.

sorry for offending - i am an idiot once & will remain the same but i was never charming.

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    what a wonderful write up!! In a very humoros way you have pointed out the idiotic things done by some people!! I immediately begin to write the feedback.All three idiots want to gain popularity. If the movie do not klick well at the box office no one would open their mouth to claim the credit.
    Chetan Bhagat became the first IWE mainstream popular author to count his sales in the millions rather than the thousands with the success of Five Point Someone. He now has a loyal following and despite the occasional debacle on Twitter, does a fairly good job in terms of the care and feeding of his thousands of fans.Aamir Khan said he hadn’t read the book, Vidhu Vinod Chopra accused Bhagat of trying to ride on the film’s success, and there is little doubt that the final adaptation is very different from Five Point Someone. But Bollywood’s culture isn’t given to either recognising originality or crediting authors for the inspiration they often provide — borrowing and recycling plots and storylines is considered acceptable. As the old saying goes, it isn’t plagiarism if you don’t get caught.
    Regarding the behavior of the20 passengers, If I have the power i will thrash them by depriving other people enjoy the previllages!!
    The best joke of the year " Kamalji looking at the air hostess as daughters!!!!:)Enjoyed your post so that you won't declare me as an " Idiot"
    with love
    pad

8. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Hello kamalji
    Loved the movie 3 idiots... love Aamir Khan... but was floored by your blog!!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    My New Year resolution ...Not going to read your blogs in office as I can't even laugh aloud!!!:biglaugh:biglaugh
    K
    I'm Sure all the air hostess adore you as a fatherly figure on their flight too!!!

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

KM ji,
    I am unable to say anything abt 3 idiots since iam yet to watch it and iam not a movie buff. So no comments.
    As to the balance 20 i suppose some of them can be so stupid to incovenience others for no apparent reasons.
    I almost thought you have included my name also in the 20 list, thank God.
    You always talk abt airline make me nostalgic. I was offered airhostess job in IA when i was in India, my DH at that time boy friend didn't want me to take the job and he was rushing to get married. So i declined the offer.

Do you think you will think me of as your daughter if was air hostess- people laugh at you- iam your dost !
    Jaya

10. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

kamalji
    first wish u a very happy new year.
    The three idiots are not really idiots or rather I shoud say stupid they know controversy creats popularity without expenses as media is there all the time with their braking news.
    Chetan bhagat did sign the contract but didn't realize that movie will be so sucessful that it has done a hundred crore business in one week so now he wants his name in front & a big chunk of money instead of mere ten lakh rs he got.
    Any way after a long time me & DH saw this movie in theatre thanks to my elder DD & really enjoyed the movie it was entertaining as well as have a masssage.ragging controversy is now the another issue people are debating with a sucide & some 18 students copying this style of ragging & getting resticated from some mumbai colleage.

About the other idiots people are now becoming irrational ,if due to climatic condtions flights are postpooned or delayed sure it cause a ig problum but is better to be late rather than never to reach your destination due to accedents .
    if condtions are not fit to fly how can they think they can compel pilets and all. Good idea that their posters shud be stuck to all airports ,same with people damging national property & all.
    This time it was a king fisher flight I too had a big problum ,will tell some other time as it is becoming very long.
    Bye