1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The things we should avoid doing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Jun 30, 2013.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Most of us have the habit of boasting about ourselves like “I am very straight forward. I don’t keep some thing in my mind and speak something else”. Though it is good to be frank, I personally feel that we should draw a line to the frankness.
    I know many ladies who are very good hearted but by their frank and open comments, insult and injure the feelings of others. For example, if a friend or neighbour show their new sari or dress or accessories, it is better to say “It is good” or “Wow!, very nice”. This will definitely make them happy. But some of us comment “why did you buy this colour? Didn’t you get any other dress? “Poyum poyum intha sariya vangina?” Such kind of comments will make them very sad and it will also spoil the relationship. They would have spent a lot of money and bought those things. Just by not saying anything even if we don’t like what they have purchased, we can maintain very good relationship. One particular colour or design liked by a person may not be liked by the other person. Taste differs from one person to another. Many of us fail to understand this simple truth.
    Some of us have the habit of commenting about the dress or jewels of other people. Especially in our weddings, I have seen many ladies who don’t do anything else but keep on watching the dress or jewellery of other ladies and give their comments like “when she has so many good dresses, I don’t know why she is wearing this?” or “for every occasion she wears different kind of jewellery. I don’t know from where do they get money”. if these comments are heard by the person who is commented upon, imagine how bad she would feel. Some of us even openly comment “vera sariye kidaikalaiya unakku”. Nowadays our weddings have become more of show off occasions. We just compete with one another to flash our dress, jewellery, mobile (yes, mobile! Even people who have minimal use for the mobile like to take an ipad or android phone especially in a public gathering and show it off). I don’t say it is wrong. But just before commenting about others, we could just think whether there is any use because of such kind of comment.
    If someone has any problem and they come to us for help or advice, then we can be frank and offer our advice. But we don’t do that. We even prevent people who are prepared to help by saying “why are you trying to help? Do you want to get yourself into trouble?
    Our attitudes should change. We should speak where it is required and should restrain ourselves where it is not necessary. Just by avoiding such small things, we can earn a very good name and we can earn more friends. Am I right?:)

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You are right my dear :) we should offer our opinion when it is asked. For simple things like when a person is seeking your opinion just to get appreciation, it is better to appreciate... a person showing her newly bought saree only wants to hear that it is good, and why not make her happy by saying so :)

Good one maalti... happy to see your blog after a long time :)
    Akila

3. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, what we tell and how we tell are so important:)
    Lakshmi

4. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you Akila for your nice comments.

5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you Lakshmi for your nice comments