1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The tendency to stray!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri, u are too good.What a beautiful article.

U study human behaviour so well.A groom who dosnt want dowry,is looked with suspicion.How true !Actually he should put in demands eh !

I have friends who will only buy from say Raymonds shops sweaters,and u take out the label and show him the same piece at half the price the guy wont buy it.

People go by looks, and name it seems.No wonder,sorry to use the phrase, they get screwed in the bargain,and they deserve it.

Loved this piece,Sri, and i have so much to learn from you.My meeting u will make me richer.( Dont worry, i wont ask u name me in yr will):cry: thanks and regards.kamal

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    I know you are a sensible chap. You certainly wouldn't want me to name you in my will and inherit all my debts!
    That Raymond example of yours is just too good and apt.
    As you have rightly guessed, I wrote this piece after having been 'screwed' lifelong!
    Some are lucky enough to learn from others' faults but I learned all through my own faults!
    Sri

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

HAHA.Debts ? Who are u ? I dont know u from adams ?:)

Sri, i like to learn from others mistakes,so that i can save money from my own.And i am never ashamed to ask even thelowest Karigar for some ideas,wherein i can get something cheaper from elsewhere, bcs it saves me money.So i keep the ego on the backseat.:)

See i am learning so many things from u.I learned a nice lesson from yr blog Dont Argue, and i immd saw the point, why arguie and win, and lose business.True.

Thanks and regrds.kamal

4. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My dear Sri sir,

Excellent presentations about the tendancy of public and the facts.

all the products available in the market has its own quality, durablity and worth and it's we to justify by using the same.

When we shop in at malls, automatically the prices are jacked up & the same from manufacturers end will cost us economical.

Products which does not have proper marketting, inspite of its quality suffers and once we identify those and support, both manufacturer and consumer will be benefitted.

let's support the tiny and village industries to survive in this rat race of MNC's who not only swindle us, they do hijack the prices, thereby ssi units suffers its due share.

Subbu

5. Cheeniya

Dear Subbu
    Welcome to IL!
    I am sure you'll enjoy your association with this great site which gives equal opportunities for both men and women to express themselves. You will be warmly surprised by the friendly interactions and if you are able to maintain a levelhead, you are bound to go places!
    Having been introduced by Kamalji, I am sure that your disposition will be as delightful as that of that jolly good man!
    Enjoy yourself!
    Sri
    PS: I suggest that you adhere to the normal font used by all the ILites (Lucida Sans Unicode Font size 2). It is easy on the eye. When you click on the reply link, the page opens with that Font.

6. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear sri sir for the kind gestures and happy to interact here with all our elite members to learn more and share more ....

subbu

7. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sr. Sri,

Once again I enjoyed your rambling. And more so the reactions and responses to your thread.

I have a colleague who, whenever pulled up for delaying a job, starts digressing on the what the boss has been putting aside for some time and thereby taking the sting out of the whole thing!! Now, isnt that smart?

Coming back to shopping, my budget and list goes POOF!! when it comes to electronic goods shopping and guess what - we have the GITEX going on here and I want only an external HD :mrgreen:. But what will happen after I see the latest camera or MP3 player, etc;-) And hubby dear also being a gadget geek- imagine what happens!!

8. Cheeniya

Dear Chitrajan
    It is so nice to see you again after soooo long!:-D
    Digression and diversion start right from our childhood when the mothers do that to make their children eat, sleep or desis from being unreasonably adamant! As we grow older, we use it for greater purposes!

Gadget geeks are exempted from the purview of my topic! And when you are in the Middle East, it is very difficult to contain oneself! Have a great time in those malls!
    Sri

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir
    Before I forget – your writing reminds me of OHenry’s works and Shri K. V. Jaganathan (kalaimagal)!
    That hint of tongue-in-cheek humor!
    At first I thought this article was going to analyze the perpetual universal marital thorn-in-the-flesh!
    But it started with two authors, moved to speeches by great orators, to comparing Moore market to Spencer’s, and finally ending in matrimonial. And you never digress? Ha, ha!
    I certainly agree with you on Moore Market. I used to buy my textbooks and also nail polish for one rupee when elsewhere it would be ten rupees!
    As for the matrimonial, it’s gotten me worried –filled with ideals on what not to ask the prospective bride, we may never find one for our son(s) then! Mmmm "நல்லதுக்கே காலம் இல்லை"!

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

With the constant effort that we make to follow the herd, when an individual tries to stand out, it is natural to consider it as a 'tendency to stray'. Forgive me for associating straying with marriage just like Kamala and imagine my pleasure when I realized you were speaking of the groom even before the marital bliss and to realize there are other ways too!!

Speaking of digressing, imagine my utter surprise when I chanced upon this thread right after doing the act in one of your previous threads - I do hope you agree that there was a reason for my indulgence there :)

I have to tell you sir, more often than not while I do get your threads, I am often left speechless rather wordless when I have to respond. There is certain lilt, rhythm in your writings and very often i am afraid I will trample all over such eloquence with my comments. That does not however stop me from reading and thinking - thankfully!