1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The teasing girl

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,
    Sarvam kindal mayam - Srikku
    Sarvam gaeli mayam
    Please understand !:p
    Love
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

May be this is my first interaction with you.

As I started reading the second para, I understood what it was trying to say...

You really have the gift of writing though you are humble enough to say that you are not keen ..

Keeping hitting the keys, its worth the effort.....................:clap :clap

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malspie
    This is your second interaction with me actually!:smile:
    You first commented on 'The tendency to stray!' and this is your second.
    You can call me one of your silent admireres. I write to stay connected with all of you to feel young in spirit and the realisation that quite a few of the younger generation find me interesting gives me the zeal to write more. But my interactions arising out of my leader posts are the ones that really keep me going!
    Thanks a lot for your warm words!
    Sri

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir
    While I read through the article I thought you were trying to say that while the child looked cherubic and sweet she was inflicting pain on the hapless insect. I thought it was about appearances bring deceptive and on the powerful using their powers just because they can.
    While reading your responses I realized your point of this article was entirely different! I guess that’s about the depths of my thinking!
    So again went to read the article and this time when my perspective changed and the whole article appeared different!
    Most of the feedbacks reflected my opinion too!
    Another case of different perceptions.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

I dont know how I missed this thought provoking thread. Today I had time to go through all the fbs given by great writers of IL. God has always shown me the way whenever I needed. My sister always tells hold his Padam tightly and leave everything to Him and He will guide you and I have experienced it. Last week I was in confusion and worried about something and He guided me and the problem was solved.

This time again thanks to Kamala. I think again you should start writing . You have so many well wishers who will be happy to see you writing again.

6. Cheeniya

Dear Kamala
    I always believe in putting myself in the shoes of the other to understand his side of the story. Most of us believe that what we see is the ultimate truth but when we see it from the other side, the view changes drastically. Even an elephant can look like a small ant from one particular angle. Lack of perspective can hurt us a lot more than a lack of anything else! I have written a few articles in my ramblings about perspectives to highlight what I think of them.
    I read this article all over again and felt that I could have been a bit more specific about what I wanted to communicate. This is perhaps one of my poorer stuff!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Viji
    I strongly believe that God will never put us through any predicament out which we cannot come out successfully. If we fail, it can only be due to our own presumptuousness that we have the power and resources to deal with the situation. I am fully with you in your belief in Him.
    Thank you for your kind words that I should resume writing. I do hope that I get that inspiration soon.
    Sri

8. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Very nice analogy! I guess God wants us to remember Him and thats why gives us troubles :) In other words, it is his way of testing our own faith and hope in Him :)

9. Cheeniya

Dear Poly
    That's rationalisation at its best. This reminds me of a story:

An Atheist was walking through the woods
    "What majestic trees!
    "What powerful rivers!
    "What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.
    As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.He turned to look and he saw a 7 foot Grizzly charge towards him.
    He looked again, and the bear was even closer.
    He tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.
    At that moment the Atheist cried out

"Oh myGod!..............."

Time stopped.
    The bear froze.
    The forest was silent.
    As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came outof the sky,"You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit the creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of the predicament?"."Am I to count on you as a believer?".

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It wouldbe hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but could you perhaps make the BEAR a Christian?".

"Very Well", said the voice.
    The light went out.
    The sounds of the forest resumed.
    The bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke,

"Lord bless this food, which we are about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord. Amen"
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri:

How amazingly good and sensitive your compositions are! I can't help quoting the parts that took my breath away.

The first quote contains the eternal wisdom -- cross your bridges as they show up. In the meantime, enjoy what you have been blessed with.

The second quote -- ah the metaphor you used - "knife of honey". Can't find an easy parallel.

The third one was painful yet happy. Trying desperately to vindicate her faith in you. I don't know how many humans live upto this principle vis a vis God. Some try. Most give up.

The fourth stirs up hope once again. May be next time, if an opportunity presents itself.

I admire this allegorical tale. It reveals the beautiful mind of the author, it also reveals the author's attitude towards life and its travails. I do not wish to draw a moral from it though. I simply want to view it as an artistic creation. This may not have been your intention. But I try not to search for morals. The story as it stands is fascinating enough. It reminds me of Greek myths, partly because I am presently stuck with a few of them. Or at least with their authenticity.

Once again, a beautiful piece of writing. Your teasing girl is teasing my imagination.

Thanks for the story.

Regards.

oj