1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The teasing girl

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajmi
    That was indeed a heartwarming story. It is the quintessence of man-God relationship which very few understand. When we are put to test by Him, we immediately start blaming Him for our misfortune and develop a grudge against Him. When we cant understand our own kith and kin and well wishers, how can we understand the inscrutable ways of God? We may spend years to research and try to understand the meaning of the inscrutable smile of Mona Lisa but we only get frustrated with God when His actions become incomprehensible to our limited intellect. We never try to understand the role that He plays in our lives.
    Thank you for that story Rajmi
    Sri

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri Sir,
    That looks nice to call you that way than to call you Cheeniya sir, just a letter shift. Thanks for your thanks. Infact your post came as a thought provoking one when I was in the brink of falling into one of my depressive moods and was given the chance to remember that story. Infact my father is always full of anectodes and stories for all situations and as I grew listening to all those have given me the immense strength of never loosing heart whenever I am under tremendous pressure.

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Cheeniya sir!
    I am sorry, I conveyed something different from what I wanted to convey! The fact is now a days, I find very little time to log on to the net and in my hurry to read the articles submitted by my favourite Ilites, some times I rush through the whole thing and miss out on the beauty of the write-up. Thanks to Chithra's post highlighting the poetry in the articleand ,I went on to read it all over again and went into nostalgia when as a child, I used to chase dragonflies, get hold of the unfortunate one and tie a string to its tail and fly it like a kite! They were found in various colours-green being the most common, blue, orange, yellow, and multi-coloured ones. Thinking of it now makes me happy on the one side to have enjoyed nature's beauties on the one side, and sad on the other side for having tortured the poor dumb insects.
    Regards,
    Malathi

4. Cheeniya

Dear Malathi
    There is absolutely no need to say sorry. I never took your statement amiss knowing fully well that you did not mean anything offensive.
    I had only made use of a common everyday sight to explain how we must view God's little pranks with us. I am glad you connected now!
    Sri

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya,

My thoughts too were running wild trying to connect what I read to what I should read in it:) Thanks to Vysan and your detailing, I get to understand what you communicate.
    Like Chitvish, I too thought that the prose was poetical, specially for the same lines that she has quoted.
    The advantage of being late is one gets to read the fbs and I enjoy them just as much as your original post.
    All the same, karma or not, favorite or not, I do not like being the dfly :| I know it is not up to me. Please God, have pity on me or give me the strength to cope somehow:smile:

L Kamla

6. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    I do share your reluctance in donning the role of a dfly! But during my smoking days, I always fancied myself as a dragon breathing out fire and brimstone.
    Incidentally this one is an article that I deliberately made foggy. If I had made it a straight lecture on God-man relationship, everyone would have compared me to a turkey imitating the peocock, the peacock being our Hall of Fame member! Such is the strangle hold she has on her large band of admirers. I did not want to take any such chance but merely laid a trap and Vysan asked the much needed question. And here you have cheeniya discussing some serious things thanks to Vysan's direct question!
    Sri

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Is so much of modesty called for from your end, I wonder !?
    In your first reply to Rajmi, you gave the quintessence of vedanta ! I beat around the bush with all thrayams, perhaps complicating the subject & the readers, whereas you conveyed the nutshell in simplewords !
    Don't you ever think, my friend, you have less admirers ! I will be surprised if the I L ites are not charmed by your naughty posts at 64 !
    Thank God, you are no more young ( I mean, only in age ! I know how you will retort !!)
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Modesty? No way! You have no idea how conceited I can be at times if I need to cover up my shortcomings. I gave an explanation to Kamla only to cover up my defiency in subjects like Sarirathrayam and Awasthathrayam.
    I can relate to only two words there, Sariram and Awastha(i). As I grow older, my Sariram is becoming my awasthai!
    Sri

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya
    as much as i enjoy your article and the great replies I relish chithra's replies and your reply back. thanks to both of you.
    regards
    anandchitra:smile:

10. Cheeniya

Dear Anandchitra
    Thank you for that lovely FB. I take 20% of the credit and the rest goes to the Great Lady of IL! :smile:
    Sri