1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The teasing girl

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 29, 2007.

1. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya sir,

The write up is good. But I have understood your intent only because you explained. You see, like Vysan, I was also at sea.

I should say that Vysan and his wife are lucky people because they have so much of understanding and faith in each other.

Again I repeat,..... no- I won't. I am sure that you know what I am going to say.

Regards,

Abha.

2. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

What a change from hilarious writings to a very serious philosophical one. I am reminded of the famous dialogue from the Hindi movie Aanad. "Zindagi Aur Maut ki Khel mein hum Sab Katputhli Hain" ( In the game of life and death being played by God we ar all puppets). Your language is exemplary.

Regards,

TDU

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    You have once again proved that you can raise the level of an original thread to a sublime level through your FB. Thank you for reading my mind and writing out whatever I failed to say. Struggle indeed makes a human being quite philosophical.
    And I am grateful to you for your words of appreciation
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Abhatv
    Of course I understand what you wanted to say! Dont worry! I write serious stuff occasionally to bring home the point that I am not such a boisterous
    pub-hopping oldman who keeps looking for fun but I am aware of my impending moment of reckoning as clearly as men and women of my age! But you'll have your due share, I promise you!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    I saw Anand just a week back on Sony channel and that poignant scene will ever remain etched in my memory. But Dr.Shantha, the eminent oncologist of Adyar Cancer Hospital came down heavily on such movies which according to her depressed her patients more and some of them didnt respond to treatment having reconciled themselves to their inevitable fate after seeing such movies.
    Sri

6. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I can't understand Dr. Shanta's objections. It is well known fact that in India the cancer patients when they come for treatment they are in advanced stage or terminal stage due to lack of proper dignosis done at early stages. According to the top expert in cancer in India, Dr.K.A. Dinshaw of Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, the line of cancer treatment in India is more of palliative than curative because of the problems in diagnosis. According to a nuclear medicine expert Dr. Lele (he must have retired by now) of Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai, the equipment known as gamma camera needed for diagnosis of cancer is in woefully short supply. It is available only in main cities with the result people in rural areas are deprived of proper diagnosis. According to an alarming report by the World Health Organisation, the number of cancer patients in India is going to increase several folds in another 10 years. Why I am telling all these is that I think movies like Anand will be a good solace to those patients who are terminally sick. Ofcourse, movies like Vasool Raja MBBS also will be good.

Regards,
    TDU

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri

Thanks for taking time to explain me....... That was a great thinking...... I only pray that I have the strength to go through the test..........

On the lighter side of it........ I dont know in what way I am blessed ??
    1. Though I had been around Pubs neither I drink nor smoke... I just go along with friends......
    2. I dont have privacy of thouhgt..... poor me.... she reads my mind as throught reading a typed letter...and tells me this is what u ar going to tell me nah... so I cant shout.......bang.......
    3. Because of her inpeccable faith, I have to live up to it........

Expectations aare always high......... Please enlighten me....

Thanks

Veda

8. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    It is not merely the shortage of diagnostic equipments that makes cancer a fatal disease when it can be easily treated at early stages. The other major culprit that rules out the possibilty of an early diagnosis is our own mindset. No one wants to believe that he can be afflicted with a fatal ailment. If I touch my stomach at times and wonder if it can be hiding a malignant tumor, my mother and wife jointly yell at me not to blabber! Secondly the symptoms of the onset of cancer are such ordinary aberrations in a healthy man that we tend to ignore them. Who has even time to observe the change in colour of a mole or change in the voice? If you complain about the voice, pat comes the reply, cut out too much talking!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    If you hop pubs just to give your friends some good company and when they have had one too many, safely reach them to their legitimate abode, you are indeed blessed. You can watch your friends becoming a source of amusement to others without having to take the center stage yourself. It is better to be part of the audience in a bar rather than a performing artist!
    If your wife reads your mind like the back of her hand all the time, you are blessed again. You are saved a lot of time in writing a script, practising it hard and fumbling at the performing stage! If she reads your mind, you dont have to remember it next time if that subject comes up again for a fresh bout of fight!
    If she trusts you implicitly, you are blessed again. There is no challenge in life greater than living upto expectations and what is life without a challenge!
    Sri

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    I am reminded of one small story often told by my father. There was a staunch devotee who wanted to take up a long journey and asked God to accompany him. God agreed. He asked how will I know you are accompanying me you will see two sets of foot steps when you walk so that you can know that I am with you. After a very long time and frustrating situations the devotee was walking on the beach and he was shocked to see only one set of footprints. Then he started crying and called for God. God appeared and asked the reason for calling him and the devotee without uttering a word pointed the foot prints. God started laughing and said, dear man, in fact only when you started the journey there would have been two foot prints once all the hurdles came to you and if you had seen carefully there would have been only one foot print. He started accusing God for not accompanying him when he went through all odds. God said you are being so foolish when you went through all odds it was I who was carrying you so there would have been only one foot print and that too of mine.

Thanks for making me remember that story. As I need that morale boost now.

1 person likes this.