1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The swelling of the finger beyond a limit!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Geeth
    What can I say to this? I am touched.
    "avarai ungalil kaanum ungal rasigayai." I dont think that there can be a greater appreciation for my rambling than these words, Geeth.
    God bless you!
    Sri

2. shreyasri

shreyasri New IL'ite

Dear Chenniya,

SIMPLY SUPERB!!! I don't find the right words....UNPARALLELED!! The writing style is so,so admirable, enviable!

i had just been reading more about the landmarks in evolution and civilizations. i was delighted to see a hilarious write-up on a similar issue from you.

our lives mean so much to us, seem so important.
    we center everything around our own welfare. but,considering the length of the millennia that had been before us and the countless lives that had breathed on earth, i wonder, why so much fuss over something that is only going to end in a short while!? why all the ego?

have you an answer?

yours,
    shreyasri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Shreya
    It is so nice of you to shower such lavish praise on my writing. Thank you very much.
    As regards the question that you have raised, is it not everyone's endeavour to find an answer for this question? I am happy that we have started thinking on those lines already. The answer may be a very simple affirmative but the process involved in reaching that goal is indeed very tough!
    Sri

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

You are making me to say everytime… Oh! It is a great post!!!!!!!... This is becoming more monotonous… Though your posts are superb, great etc.etc…

You know something… because I am running short of time and finding it difficult to log in IL… I save this post in the Laptop and replying it at home and posting it back… But again it is after 20-25 days I am doing this… I can hear you say…”Dear Veda… What is that you are trying to say, that you are busy,Romba alatikkadhey!Nothing will happen even if you don’t send your FB. We will be better off even without you blabberings”… Hahahahahahaha…

After reading the post, it reminded me of an incident which happened here… Our Group sent a circular stating that there is a selection for cricket players to represent the Group in the league matches… Me, as usual trying to be the hero, said, I am a great player and went for the selection camp much against the wishes of my GF & kids… The Group team has a fixed set of players… As a routine they sent a circular and there I landed up… Being a senior, including the age, they had no option than to ask me to pad up… All my skills were put to test… hahahahahahahahaha… then I realized that my body is not as young as my mind and since not doing regular exercises… its reflexes and movement was slow… After hitting 3-4 boundries and a lofted six… I got the confidence… to dent it came a real quickie… I could only defend the ball from hitting my body… But at last… there was a huge dent to my ego… One ball crashed into my leg… For 2 mnts… my leg became numb… hahahahahaha… Now I could laugh… Not then… I didn’t show much of my emotions… came back home… Shanthi just looking at my face understood that something is wrong and I am hit somewhere… After that there was a huge swelling in my leg… Veera thazhumbu… For three weeks I could wear the shoes…

I can narrate one more incident when my thumb was injured in a cricket match…

What I wanted to convey is if the swelling in the finger is too big, it become extremely difficult for the person to be normal… he cannot handle it… It will be only be inconvenience…

Veda

5. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    Romba thappu pannitte! How can you think that way? You know I value every FB as a FB from the Almighty Himself. What you say may be true for hardcore professional writers like the late Sujatha, Balakumaran et al.
    But I am Cheeniya, known only to a few ILites. If I dont get my FBs from the regulars, I worry myself sick. I start wondering if what I write does not interest people anymore. In one of my earlier threads, I have written about the Berkeleyan Theory that nothing exists if it does not have an observer. I know that I can exist only as long as there are observers.
    Your blabberings are of great value to me. But dont take this as a license to start rambling. I have the exclusive rights for rambling!
    Sri

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear most Guruji!!!!!!......

Aparadhathukku mannikkavum!!!!!!!... I didnt mean it that way...

Hahahahahahaha... I agree with you The right of rambling is exclusively yours.... I can never ever compete with my guruji.... and will not....

Thanks a lot...

Veda

7. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

Just finished reading and just couldn't believe this. I mean, how on earth did you find the genius to link a swollen finger to Darwin and spending habits ! Just can't help remembering a dialogue in a tamil movie from last year :
    " Neenga eppavumey ippadithaan yosippeengala, ille, innikku ethaavathu visesamaa ?"

I mean, HOW do such things occur to you, sir ?

I read this close on the heels of reading about Yams & CG and suddenly i got the feeling that maybe you are taking those two fellows' rider seriously and pulling our legs for CG-Knows-what petty crimes we may have committed.
    I have been punished , My Lord, I beg mercy, I am holding my splitting sides and gagging on giggles. Help !

8. Cheeniya

Dear Priya
    The first thing that I learned in my childhood was that anything could be linked to anything else. My dad always displayed this quality admirably. Every time something went wrong in my family, he would link it to me effortlessly and give me a bit of his mind of which he had plenty. Even if the milk man came late in the morning, he would source it to me. Compared to his genius, mine is just nothing. I am eternally grateful to him for giving me this particular gene of his!
    And thanks awfully for the compliment. Enakku thinamum visesamthan!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

Lol ! So your dad did not even work through the " six degrees of separation" ( that is said to relate everything with everything else) before connecting your " muzhangaal" to the " mottai thalai" of the tardy milk- man ! "Quick"witted, I must say !

Our race in general is quite a pro. in connecting the dots to solve their mysteries at hand. we can connect the orbit of a celestial object, eight or ten million light years away ,to our inability to find a job or a spouse. We can see a strong incriminating lead to misfortunes of any magnitude in a family to the timing of a new bride's arrival into the family. And we all know that the phenomenon of rain is connected to some samaritan's good deed. So yes, its a highly "connected" world ! Maybe that's why the phrase: " Web of Life" .

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I was stunned by your brilliance and research capabilities to systematically establish the connection between fingers and life style which I thought was a casual expression of a fellow being to probably tell a greedy son-in-law's family asking for a gold/diamond ring for his big fat finger several centuries back. Even providence told me to listen to your presentation because when I was reading your blog on this Shivarathri, in a television show, an antic product reviewer told a man that what he has is the first edition of "The Origin of Species" written by Charles Darwin and he better insure the book for $80,000 as it is worth at least $250,000. What a stunning coincidence.

It is very much believable if palm reading is directly connected to how our life is going to unfold in future. By the way, is that an expression used for someone living beyond his means or is it an expression used to indicate someone's greed? If dexterity depends on powerful distributed neural networks, it is possible that our showing our pointer/index finger blaming someone else when we are facing adversity is probably an effect of the same.

There is a recent incident in which a young Indian cricketer showed his middle finger to the Australian fans who were verbally abusing him with unpalatable language. Even a cartoon was made in India with an expression, "I do not know where my off stump is but who cares, I know where my middle finger is". Obviously, when he got mentally very disturbed, he decided to show his middle finger whatever that means to others.

Jokes apart, even our old tradition of keeping all our fingers together at face level to worship the Universal Absolute is probably getting the energy through our fingers to our powerful distributed neural networks. Recently, I read in a book that the correct way to worship is to keep all our fingers together with both our index finger touching the place between our eyebrows. It is also described in that book that when we worship with that position of our fingers, the energy would directly charge the chakra located between our eyebrows.

You are on to something here, Cheeniya Sir. You are reaching a point were science and spirituality converge.

Viswa