1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Sweet Smell of Home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Oct 5, 2012.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

We had been away from home for ten days. My husband had to attend a conference in Sofia and
    on our way back we were in Istanbul for three days.
    Both places are so beautiful in their own way and both so very different. Sofia is calm and quiet,and there are so few people to be seen on the roads. Life seems to be moving at its own pace.
    With the map in my hand, I ad a great time exploring the place while my husband was at the conference. When he was free, we went sight seeing together.
    From Sofia we came to Istanbul.
    It was like being transported into an entirely different world. A world full of people and people, people from all over the world.:)
    I have never seen so many tourists gathered in one given place.The whole place was pulsating with life. It is an amazing place .The cobbled streets and beautiful buildings and the vehicles and above all the .the people. It is a unique place.
    We came back home after a wonderful holiday. Going home in
    the taxi from the airport , I once again realized that the very air of my place had its own wonderful essence which is not present anywhere else. It was wonderful going back home .
    There is something special about home ,we belong to it and itbelongs to us. A sense of belonging.:thumbsup
    It is nice to be back.

" It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home ". ~Author Unknown