1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Summer of Jaipur

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Summers of Jaipur

I felt very sad looking at the plight of the elephant in the picture above.When the Mahoot can feel hot,and have an umbrella,what about the poor elephant.The road Tar is very hot, and the poor elephants feet must be burning like hell,but he dosnt say a word.
    This is very cruel,and they should ban the elephant rides during the hot summers.Just try walking barefoot on the tar roads,and in seconds we will start dancing like Hritik.

I have the Baleno,with good AC, but i prefer to take my non AC Maruti Van,as i am very comfortable in it.My wife takes the AC car wherever she goes.In fact i like the heat more than winter.In winters,u can't show off your good clothes,so i keep all the lousy shirts for that season,but which have a decent collor.The sweater covers the rest of the defects.

Summers, I love the weather,because I love to have cold lassi in the afternoons,after some nice veggie and roti,and immd feel like dozing away.And the watermelons are a delight to have.And the fruit juices on the roads,the soft drinks,icecreams,are most welcome.As also the Roohavza sherbat mixed in cold milk after breakfast starts my day well.In my office upstairs, I suffice with a fan,thats all.No Cooler nor AC.And summer is good because the girls wear shorter skirts and skimpier tops.Its hot you see,and I too see very well.Summers improve my eyesight.

In the evenings, around 8 I have bath in my lawns under the pipe from my well water,which comes from 200 feet down,and it is so cold that i start to shiver in the next 5 mins,but it freshens me up.Then comes the chilled beer, or Gin and Lime Cordial Combo,and chicken or fish for dinner with two papads,and I am like a cat purring.The nights i must sleep in the AC,and its a good 8 hours of sound sleep.

Day time is so hot,i tell my wife, that in case gas gets over, just put the vessel on the top of the car,and the food will be made in minutes.She glares at me.And i often wonder what if i broke two eggs on the bonnet,would they make a good omlette.The car will get screwed thats another matter.

And i often wonder why the police torture Hardcore Criminals making them sleep on Ice Slabs.Why waste money on ice.Just remove their pants and make them sit on a car bonnet,and his bums will turn to a nice juicy steak,and the even the most notorious guy will start singing.they should learn something from me.

Regarding iceslabs, reminds me of an article i read in the papers a few years back.The ice used in morgues to keep the dead bodies,are sold to the Sugarcane juice guys, at a throwaway price.They put that ice in your sugarcane juice which u drink with so much delight,besides the juice of hundreds of flies that get crushed with the sugarcane,and no wonder we all love the roadside sugarcane juice.I still dont mind it,i go ahead and drink it.Our systyems have become so strong,nothing seems to affect us Indians.The new germs that go in the body,are killed by the previous ones already present,who say we have not had a chance to attack this guy,where have u guys come from.No wonder we survive all this onslaught.

So guys and gals dont u worry,go ahead and have everything u find on the roads.and drink all the sugarcane juices,and the pani pooris that u want.They will make your systyem like a hardened criminal.So have a Ball.Happy sweating.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Your descriptive account of a Jaipur summer took me back by three decades when I used to inspect branches of State Bank of India in Rajasthan. I had been to places like Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Hanumangarh etc in the peak of summer. I shudder to think of it even now. But I cant forget the cold beer on the sand dunes of Jaisalmer on a full moon night. I became a legendary beer gurgler in Rajasthan in the 70's. I wonder if anyone broke my record subsequently!
    Sri

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

You kept yr promise to visit my blog,and u did.Thank u so much.Im honoured.

So u were working for SBI ? Yes Rajasthan is hot,and having beer on the sand dunes and a lovely night,wow that must have been something.

I hope u liked my style of writing,its silly actually,but thats all that i can write.
    And blogs have given me the opportunity to bore all u readers:-(

thanks and i appreciate yr visit and hope for many more.

My wife has become a big fan of yours,and i have bookmarked yr blogs for her.

Regards.kamal