1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The Sugar Craving Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by coolblues, Oct 26, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Dear Folks!

Sugar and sugary foods come in the way of good health, be it diabetes, weight watch or just being plain healthy..

Having a sweet tooth makes matter further worse, isn't it? Here is the plan for three weeks - 21 days to motivate all ladies to analyse, determine and tackle sugar cravings. Let us take one step at a time.Even a small step works well towards the get-well goal.

Treat this thread as your journal and write down

1. why you want to cut back on sugar,
    2. How will you cut back to reach the goal
    3. How much you ate if you gave in to a sudden craving
    4. When do you crave for more sweets.. when you bored, tired or stressed?
    5. And also write down if you feel better by taking up this challenge.
    6. Write for inspiration, motivation and some friendly advice by Ilites.
    7. Write down the date when you start the challenge.
    8. You may also write notes on the number of kgs or sugar level or energy level before you take up the challenge for quick comparison as you progress in the challenge (optional)

Why 21 days? Because any routine that sticks with you for 21 days is bound to become a life long habit. :)

Remember to update your journal EVERYDAY!

All the Best ! :thumbsup

Cheers.

2. coolblues

Here is mine :)

I want to cut back on sugar as I want to lose some pounds. I will cut back on sugar in tea and coffee everyday and cut down on chocolates. I tend to eat such junk when am stressed.

I hope to lose at least a kg by 21 days!

3. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Hey Coolblues,

I am not very regular here these days. However, I want to give a try at this challenge. Let me see if I can stick to it for 21 days, moreover come update here regularly with my hectic schedule!!

So let me take up the challenge and start filling out my journal...

1. I want to cut down on sugar in-take because we have diabetes in our family history and me in my early thirties now, better start having control on my in-take.

2. Let me try to put only 1 tsp sugar in my coffee and tea in the morning and evening.
    No sweet junks(gums/candies/brownies, etc.)
    No cakes or pastries
    No juice
    (but let me keep icecream - it's hard to say no to it!!)

3. Since I got started only today - so far no craving

4. When I am bored, I tend to look out for munching on anything and end up with sweet items

Let me hold on from answering 5 and 6, I will come back for it later :)

BTW, does this challenge get over before Diwali? It's hard for me to say no to sweets during Diwali :)

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

This was the thread I was looking forward to...my goal is not only to cut down the sweets but also any fried food or in general to lose weight...
    OK Im in...My 21 says will start from tomorrow as today is almost gone.

But I can still answer the questions today...will keep my answers specific starting tomorrow

1. why you want to cut back on sugar, - 2 reasons:
    1. to lose weight (I have to lose 30 pounds to look like how I'd like to be)
    2. more than a craving, I am addicted to sweets which is not healthy by any means...so to get into a self discipline
    2. How will you cut back to reach the goal - no sweets,no fried food, less potatoes, 1 spoon sugar in coffee/tea(who knows I might give up having coffee if I do that)...
    3. How much you ate if you gave in to a sudden craving - Im planning to get a bunch of fruits that can be easily accessible...I trust the sweetness in the fruit can reduce my craving to a great extent.
    4. When do you crave for more sweets.. when you bored, tired or stressed? - I dont need a reason to eat sweets...I juz love them and can eat anytime I can get my hands on them...

As a first rule, I need to remove all the sweets accessible to me...if I dont see them, I may not eat them ;)

5. coolblues

Dear rathi:

Thanks for the initiative! Well, it hardly takes a minute or two to drop by and write everyday so that you wont lose track of the goal... it is perfectly ok even if you are shaky at the start or struggle to keep away from sugar cravings.. we will provide you the inspiration to keep you going. !

Keep a plate of fruits instead sweets to snack on..

Yes, this challenge will co-incidentally get over with Diwali... :) You don't have to completely say NO to diwali sweets, u can CUT DOWN the intake and feel the difference..

All the very best!

6. coolblues

Excellent Ramya and welcome to the challenge!

Self-discipline is excellent for mind as well as health! Great initiatives, Ramya, keep it going.

Today, I did cut down on sugar in my coffee and no chocolates/sweets so far.. keeping my fingers crossed :)

Cheers!

7. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Hey Coolblues,

So here I am in day2

But how pathetic! I already gave into the craving last evening. In fact, it is my husband who tempted me for icecream/cake while we were watching the Friday evening movie :rant. But anyway I just had 3-bites of Blackforest cake!!

Let me see if my day2 goes successfully without giving into any craving.

Thanks for the challenge.

8. shikhanitinjain

shikhanitinjain Senior IL'ite

can i join the challenge too.....................
    I just love sweets. I cannot stop myself from eating them if they are in my refrigrator.diwali is here and i dont know if i can keep up for the challenge.
    I want to loose weight and stay fit

9. coolblues

Keep it going, Rathi.. good to know you are attempting to log every day :)

In the beginning it must be tough to totally deprive of what you love.. and restricting your intake to three bites itself is motivating!

All the best!!

10. coolblues

Ofcourse, Shikha.. this is for all ladies who want to keep away from sweets.. for the sake of good health..

Few tips to get you going:

1. Ensure you stock bright colored, favorite fruits of yours in the refrigerator instead of sweets.
    2. Don't let a mass of sweet rule you! YOU are in charge of what goes into your body. Take one small step at a time and just feel the difference!
    3. If thoughts of sweets crowd your mind, distract with other positive thoughts, such as your family, music and humor.

Give it a try.. am sure its worth it :)

Cheers.