1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The stuff that is more important than heart beats and breathes :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by InnerBliss, Jul 21, 2012.

1. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

View attachment 160532

The title of this blog may sound weird but it seems to be true that there is some stuff that has gained a 'permanent visa' in our mind and we often tend to give the first priority to that stuff.

That stuff is nothing but our emotions. The Bhagwad Geeta states about 'Sthitpragna' state of mind and about the ability of handling the emotions but here, I would like to first share my limited views on how the emotions handle us.

First of all, we all like to 'be good'. We all like to set a 'positive image' among the people in our surrounding. Thenafter, we may take the aid of our limited understanding and awareness to apply all our time and sources in practising 'being good'. We want to 'be good' in the eyes of others so if none is watching, we may allow ourselves to be nasty to the extent our conscience permits us.[​IMG]

We often acknowledge all our efforts and want those efforts to be acknowledged by others. We want to make sure that we get respect and love for what ever we have contributed for the other people and want to establish our impression for possessing 'the goodness'.

We seek approval of our feelings. For an example, "I love you and I did these many things for you". In the end of the day, if I am not able to hear anything positive about me or my efforts, I would automatically get the license to demoralize you personally and/or publicly. I would continue loving and demoralizing you at the same time!! In short, if my feelings are not approved, I may change the definition of "my love". I will do this for it is a part of my culture to accomplish all duties that would give me a label of "a good person playing his/her role the best. I SEEK APPROVAL OF MY EFFORTS AND FEELINGS!":rant

उदकान् हि नयन्ति नेत्तिका
    उसुकार नमयन्ति तेजनम्।
    दारुं नमयन्ति तच्चका
    अत्तानं दमयन्ति पण्डिता॥
    English Translation of Sanskrit Quote:
    Irrigators direct the water,Fletchers fashion the shaft, Carpenters bend the wood,
    The wise control themselves (http://sanskrit-quote.blogspot.com.au/) .

Emotions may be healthy enough if they bring productive result for ourselves. By positive result, I mean, the peace and satisfaction within. But in most cases, we fail to experience this bliss when we live with unhelpful emotions.

Loving is certainly the great experience. It brings the great joy. When it is done unconditionally and ethically, we do not need to seek approval from others for our feelings or our efforts. We gain satisfaction, merely by our own acknowledgement. Rori Raye, a relationship coach, had once written on some public website that draw your own picture on a paper, draw each part of your body, do this lovingly, admire the gorgeous you on the paper, enjoy drawing yourself and love this person who has been always with you. This is one of the art of SELF-ACCEPTANCE.

Realize the increase in your self-esteem through any of the exercise of SELF-ACCEPTANCE and know that your acknowledgement is enough for your efforts and for your feelings. We are the human made of flesh, bones, heart beats, breathes and emotions. It is important to value and regulate our precious emotions in the right direction. The direction that is helpful.

(Attached is the photo of my daughter feeding the seagulls with the food and her unconditional love. Her love does not seek any approval and so she continues gaining satisfaction from what she loves. Further, she continues her practice regardless of any weather challenge :) )

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful blog. Your blog made me feel so happy today. What a great way to cover the most important factor in our lives called "Love".

There are two important teachings we need to know:

1) We are who we are when no one is watching

2) A true love is unconditional and don't expect anything in return

Lastly, let us spend sometime learning something out of our body parts. Eyes see and make the mind happy. So do ears, nose, throat and skin. The heart pumps the blood nonstop to all parts of the body without expecting anything in return. As a matter of fact, it gets back impure blood. The intestine digest the food to supply energy to the whole body. Lungs takes in the air and supply the most essential ingredient called oxygen. The kidneys remove the unwanted elements in the blood stream. Every part in our body is doing its doing its function flawlessly without expecting anything in return from any other part. They don't expect approval or recognition from other parts and their work is unconditional. Our effort to serve others and our love for others should be as unconditional as our body parts.

The body parts are proud of what they are and what they are intended for. They don't interfere with the work of others nor they care about how their work is being appreciated by others. Our attitude should be very similar to our body parts. After all we are nothing but sum total of all body parts together.

BTW, your daughter is so cute and she is in real state of bliss when feeding the birds.

Viswa

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

This is a masterpiece Anuradha. Glad that I read it.

very true.

Sad... But this is what the reality around us and including us.

Excellent wordings about Self Acceptance.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Anuradha. And Happy for your daughter too and give our wishes to her. She is practising the unconditional love part more than any adult.

4. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

It is the blessing that my blog was able to make you happy!

Thanks for sharing the facts about unconditional love and our character.

You have observed so well about each of our body parts and its generous functioning. Some of them, like heart, do not take rest and work incessantly for long time!

Thank you Sir for the compliments for my daughter. She really enjoys feeding the birds. :)

Best regards,
    Anuradha

5. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Dear Pallavi,

Thank you for your words. I am so happy that you liked the blog. Hehe..Yes, my daughter enjoys and plays her part of unconditional love accurately.

Love,
    Anuradha

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anu,

Very nice one.

Yes, we want approval and appreciation of things that we do from the people around us. That is expectation. If not, we feel unhappy. So, when we do some things we think from that perspective. In that process real "me" sometimes escapes.

So, should try to do without expectation....self approval is more important. If our inner voice says it is O.k. generally it is O.k. This is highest state of love.....not expecting anything. But my doubt is that can we be really like that? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Sometimes we do feel bad if people do not thank us if we have done something for them and it is possible sometimes we also do not thank....two sides of coin. My view is that at some places we expect and some places we do not...a mixture of reactions. If we donate something to some charity we do not expect anything back. We feel happy that we gave them something. There it ends. Giving something to a poor person or some small helps we don't mind being unrecognised. But if we do something to a relative or a friend then we expect thanks or expect them to help us when we need help. See, life doesn't run according to mathematical formulae or perfect reasoning. Sometimes they over lap and beyond comprehension. So, general direction.....do good, be good, when people see you or when they do not see you (This is a quotation of Swami Vivekananda).

Your daughter is cute...a perfect example of unconditional love while feeding birds. My blessings to her.

A long one....

Syamala

7. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Thank you honeybee, Malti, Viswa Sir, Pallavi, Bhavna and Shyamla for liking the blog :)

8. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Dear Shyamala,

Thank you for your precious feedback. I can see you express your heart openly. It is always helpful to get the indepth feedback. I have often found the other way of perceiving the same issue through your blog comment. I appreciate your insight too.

I agree with you. The coin has always two sides and we often face the mixture of reactions.

Thank you for the compliments and your blessings to my daughter.

Love,
    Anuradha

9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anu,
    We are on the same page in terms you have tried to explain our emotions needs to be appreciated by others. I also feel that if we all have sense of gratitude for what we possess then this world would have been in a different shape.Often times we take it for granted whatever we have and forget that everything has been possible for us to enjoy is due to the multiple efforts made by family. culture, religion and society. Since I have been reading Bhagvad Gita it is a continuous thought process that when it is described in Gita then surely it is possible to become a sthitpragna for any one. Lord Krishna has told in Bhagvad Gita that you could acquire this perfection state but you need to be very patient because it will take many many births to accomplish.If you want to leave this path in between then you better not even start it.This is a great challenge for us and I think what we all can do is give each other support so we can try to be on this path till the end.
    I see the innocence of your daughter and I feel she has nothing else but to enjoy this beautiful world.............without any concern or questions............!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bhavna

10. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhavna,

Thank you for sharing the words of wisdom. I would always like to remember the above quote. It makes sense, especially when we know about the benefits of something, we still could not continue the practice just for the reason that we feel uncomfortable with the new change. I often think about the principled people who keep themselves adhered with their principles and values. It is not easy at all without being "sthitpragna". On the cover page of the Bhagwad Geeta that is with me, there is a quote of Mahatma Gandhi that states that "Whenever I have any trouble or confusion, I open the Bhagwad Geeta, and I always get the solution for my question or the situation".

Unfortunately, the Geeta that is with me is bit hard to understand and I desperately look forward to get the one that you've suggested.

Thank you for your precious comment.
    Love,
    Anuradha