1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The story of the Twin Poets..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SARASVADIVU, Jul 27, 2011.

1. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello dears...tis been a long time ..hope all you friends, ILites and co-bloggers are doing great!!
    So..well this is an anecdote brought out of the pages of the unfathomable Miracles of Ma Saraswathi......
    As usual hope you'll would read and give me your precious feedback:-

Pure devotion may not have it's effects immediately..but surely in the long run it stands in good stead during a crisis:
    Pennaiyaaru in those days was a fertile river surrounded by verdant greenery..not just that, it also shared 'Divine Limelight'..thanks to the THIRUVAMAATHUR Shivan temple located on it's banks!!

Two brothers who were known for their mastery in poetry--'Rettai Pulavargal' {Twin Poets}were on a pilgrimage to various Shivan temples....finally reached the Thirumavamaathur Sthalam!

On seeing the Charismatic, serene countenance of Lord Shiva, the twin poets were literally in tears ..as if the 'Piraisoodan' (the Lord who wears the Moon in His Head) had been waiting for them!!!!
    With the passing of time, the local people..along with the courtesans from the Chozha King's court started thronging the temple premises!

In the overwhelming devotional pursuit ..the 'Twin Poets' started compiling verse after verse....
    --one of the verses carried the geographical location of the Shrine ..as situated on the upper banks of the river Pennaiyaaru!!!

..while..in reality, the Shrine was actually located in the lower banks!!

The Chieftain among the courtesans got wild at this blunder ordered his soldiers to bring the 'pulavargal' to the palace; The twin poets, who were taken to the palace were ordered to wait for the King's return from his voyage..he was expected to be there the next morning.

The twin poets..ardent devotees of the 'Vagdevi' poured their woes to the Goddess ..tears bordering their cheeks....the next day had dawned. The brothers wondered why the day had ever dawned..in a few minutes they would be summoned before the Chozha King..and what would be the consequences..????--all this kept running in their minds!!!!

However, they refused to give up their stand; they firmly believed and told the the Chozha King thus:-
    "Engal Naavil Ulla Naamagal Puranchollal"!!
    { The Vagdevi who resides in our tongues will not utter a lie"!!}

And what a conviction they had..for their words i.e. the words of the Vagdevi who resides in their tongues came out to be TRUE:
    ..the Pennaiyaaru river had changed it's course of flow owing to heavy showers and consequential floods the previous night!!!!!

Even today you can see the THIRUVAMAATHUR Shivan temple 'seated' happily on the upper bank of river Pennaiyaaru.

Doesn't this clearly show that Saraswathima would do anything to save Her devotees from a crisis?!?!!

2. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Hey Saras! how are you?
    Missed you dear...

As usual a good post :)
    Very well written!
    I was not aware about this. Thanks for sharing

3. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Glad to see you back. I was wondering whether everything was alright with you.

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

My dear Saras

So nice to see you here....after a looooooong time !!!!!!!!!! Missed you dear !!!!!!!

Hope everything is ok at your end. Busy with school work i think...!!!!!!!!
    I am also not very regular in IL nowadays Saras.

Looking forward to see your blogs as before...Good Day Saras !!!!!!!

5. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Loved the story you shared with us...I remember the movie "Aadiparasakthi" while reading this wonderful blog of yours...!!!!!!!!!

Hope you would blog about your Cbe trip, your vacation and about your new students soon.

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,
    Before Her love, these rivers, why even this world is but an insignificant affair. And She loves us so much that to make a three year old happy she will make cosmic changes in the creation of the whole universes.
    A story written in your own inimitable style, dear. Keep it up. You are doing a nice job. And please be regular in posting your blogs. Rest assured your writings will always be cherished by us.
    Take care,
    love,
    sridhar

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

My Sweet Ajmeer cake,

How are you? After a long time you blogged. Overwhelmed with joy that my SARASMA again started pouring her verdict in the blog. Extremely a Devotional write up and as you have mentioned pure devotion has its own POSITIVE POWER ALWAYS. A true devotee will always undergo many hurdles and obstacles it is all to test the Divine power of the devotee that GOD will have a play with the devotee.Longing for more blogs from you my dear IL:):):)
    Pure devotion may not have it's effects immediately..but surely in the long run it stands in good stead during a crisis:

8. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Saras,

Like Sunitha said, immediately got reminded of the Aathiparasakthi movie. Hope you know that story as well.

Yes, its indeed great to know this Thiruvilaiyadal of MA too.

As usual, your narration took me to the scene and I was virtually seeing the banks of the river and the temple. God (Goddess) go to any extremes to save their deciples and the true love of the people make them do any thing for their people.

Wonderful...that has a very good message. Thanks for sharing.

Missed you so much these days, went multiple times to your profile to check when did you last came online in IL.

Happy to see you back. Welcome Back!!

Start rocking with your blogs!

9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,

Such a beautiful story of Her love!! love your style of writing :)

Akila

10. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hey! Vidu,
    How have you been doing..yeah sort of busy plus my net wasn't intact!!
    Anyways thanks a ton for your extremely kind words da!
    :cheers
    Saras