1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The story of the five fingers

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madhu
    Your dad and me have so much in common. I saw that film umpteen number of times and continue seeing it from time to time! And I used to lose sleep over Madhubala everytime I saw a film of hers. What a great actress and what a serene beauty!
    How can I not like someone who carries the name of Madhumathi!
    Sri

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear cheeniya sir

an excellent way to tell others that each one of us is definitely important in some way or the other......as many drops combine to make an ocean all of us have pur lilttle contribution to make this wonderful family called Indusladies..infact when a person registers here they increase the member count by one more number...that is a help they are doing it IL by making it a popular site.......all said and done ..you have said everything in your super style !!!!

lov
    sowmi

3. Cheeniya

Dear Sowmi
    Nice to see you back encouraging me as usual! Basically every one adds to the strength of IL by becoming a member though some may negate that gain of IL through some thoughtless remarks! It is like the famous proverb that some make us happy when they come and some when they go!
    Sri

4. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Hi cheeniya garu,

thank u very much sir. even today he watches all old movies and he love them, he has kept all his collections with him. i miss him here. i and my younger bro also love to watch old movies b'coz my dad had made a habit of watching them with him from very young age and explaining the meaning of each word of songs for us and we speak good hindi and also sing old songs when we get together. but now we r staying very far to each other at different places and we miss all the enjoyment. i thank u once again sir.

madhumathi.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Madhu
    Your family sounds like the famous Von Trapp Family of the Sound of Music fame. In that family, Maria Von Trapp was the moving force and I can see that your father has been your moving force. If a family can get together regularly for a musical union, there can be nothing wrong with it. Hats off to your dad, Madhu!
    No wonder that you miss him so much
    Sri

6. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir a very good story which every child should know not only children all of us must know and remember that nothing is insignificant in this vast universe . Everything and every one has a purpose to be here how ever insignificant it may be. But we take every thing and every one for granted. Let us wake up from our sleep and thankgod for all that is there in this universe which is interconnected and so useful in its own way . I thank you once again for your wonderful article.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

wow what a topic to choose, and look who taught u this eh ! Superb.as only u can write.Now here is my take on this topic.

when u feel a itch in yr year, do u put yur thumb in, or the little finger ?

And suppose Sachin Tendulkar was to say i am important than everyone, bcs of me the spectators come ?

the answer is, can Sachin play in an empty stadium? It is the spectactors in the stadium bcs of whom Sachin and others like to show the best.

try empty stadiums and u will know about the performance.

so even the lowly stand fellow is important in a game, look at football matches, the greater the crowd, the more players enjoy to give their best.

We re all important.

and Sri, can u write well, if there are no readers and no comments ?

Everyone is important, in Gods scheme of things,

Regards

kamal

8. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Thanks a lot for digging into my warehouse and bringing out an old favourite of mine for your wonderful FB. Whenever I feel low and unwanted, I always tell myself that God is not naive to create anything or anyone that will not serve His purpose. I immediately feel perked up! Counting our blessings is an art. If we master it, there can be no misery in the world..
    Thank you for your FB on an old post, Chithra
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

My dear Kamal
    This is a thread I posted here in June 2008 and I am happy that you are giving it a fresh lease of life! It is very observant of you to have noticed the special love between the ears and the little finger! I was expecting you to mention next about the young school boys showing the little finger to take permission from the teacher to escape the monotony of the class room!

I agree with you that the performance of an artist can become very inspired only if he has a big audience. There is a saying in Tamil which roughly translates to:'Even the waves of the sea will get stronger if there are too many people to enjoy the spectacle'!

I may not write well if there is no one to read my stuff but that will not drive me away from IL!
    Sri

10. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

dear cheeniya
    first thanks for the new story i havent heard
    next i was wondering of how come ur not telling story to ur grand daughter and she was telling u a nice one
    then i was thinking about the present day grand father and grand daughter relation ship when i was a kid there was no such interaction grand parents kept a distance with us my son does share with my father but my father in law maintained a distance
    my husband and me think we should take care of our grand children retire ourselves from our work and spend all the time with them :))
    i read almost all the posts and imagined from little finger to madhumati wide range of thought process shared by all almost ur previous thread which says about you would not do without internet would mean without il ??