1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Story of My Experiments with my PC

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sushi, Dec 1, 2011.

1. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

The Story of My Experiments with my PC

[JUSTIFY]
    Friends, the title may resemble some very famous autobiography but this has nothing to do with the book nor with the truth but what I am going to tell you is truth and nothing else but truth, Hence, the title.
    Now, before Diwali and after Diwali, some of you would have noticed ‘sushi’ was not there and atleast one or two of you must have heaved a sigh of relief too. Now I am here to tell you why the blackout.
    Some days before Diwali, I found my DSL modem was not functioning properly and sometimes wireless connection was acting weird too.

Suddenly one day the ADSL light DSL router was blank and internet connection was lost totally.. I called the BSNL service division and they took my number and the usual drama was done i.e asking me again check the IP address, DNS server etc in the Lan connection in my PC. Then after giving a lengthy complaint booking code they just kept quiet.

I did not even expected them to set right my modem immediately as , I knew even their service personnel always came with a piece of paper where details of ‘what to do’ etc would be noted and will act with my PC as per the guided tour mentioned in the piece of paper. Finally he would say as the DSL modem needs to be changed. This had happned earlier times too but I never went by his words an would pester him with whatever knowledge I had to go for this and that and finally he will get bored and will leave with a promise to come back next day. But by next day I always would have done something and made the PC work . Then you may ask why register your complaint with the BSNL? May be it is to give the department the satisfaction of registering complaints so that the need for manpower is restored.

But everytime there will be problms with the speed of internet or wireless acting weird. But this time the DSL light was totally off and hence the internet was totally off too. This made things worst wih me and my hubby having no PC/laptop for company had only each other for company and you know what happens in such occasions when senior couples have to endure eachother..arguments and further arguments leading to little quarrels etc etc.

But this time even my hubby felt that we should go in for a new modem but sushi being sushi being sushi who has 'never say die' spirit started working on different connections without knowing the end.

Like Vikramaditya I worked on the PC without getting tired (with bethal - my hubby - asking various questions to stop me from my mission) . Full day I was removing this wire and connecting that wire and then found that the problem was with the splitter, Splitter, as all of you know is the junction box like thing where the main connection from the telephone is connected and the splitter is nothing but multiplying the connection so that the incoming telephone can be connected to telephone as well as modem.

This I found just by chance as I was trying all the telephone lines. Moreover, our wireless handset which was purchased at USA also needs a slitter for the functioning of voice announcements, So, I changed that splitter to the modem line and Voila, the ADSL light started functioning. Even my hubby reluctantly accepted that I have a way with electronic gadgets. Then we purchased one more splitter costing Rs. 117/- and all gadgets started functioning.
    After a day, BSNL service personnel called me to announce that my ADSL is functioning and there was some irritation in his tone as if to state "why unnecessarily you have to trouble us”

Now this experience encouraged me to plunging deep into the mysteries of the PC andmay be next time I will tell you my next escapade with the PC . May be it will be be on ‘how I experienced the euphoria and almost shouted ‘Eureka’ like Archimedes ofcourse not from the bathtub.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2 people like this.

2. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Sushi, now u know how to handle the electronic gadgets, especially modem..way to go :)..

3. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Prana,
    Life itself itself is full of trian a errors - so same oehnomenon I used na? thanks da

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow Sushi, am really impressed. Not just with your victory over technology, but also for the sheer grit and patience you showed in setting the problem right. :) Great going. :thumbsup

5. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Aah, when my mom tries to do this at home, my dad would say, "With all your experiments you do, we are going to end up buying a new computer!!"

Way to go, Sushi!!

6. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

ha ha liked this ;)

7. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Thnks Satchitananda for the lovely motivating words. this really makes me happy.