1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The story of My experiments with "Bike a.k.a cycle "

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by annavarapus, Mar 30, 2010.

1. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

Wanted to title it "Bike-ana Prayogo athva Katha". Then decided against it as it was too medieval :). This entry covers/touches/reminds my memoirs with a bike aka cycle from my childhood .

When I was in class IV, I used to rent a cycle from a store (A-1 cycle store) close to my house. The rental for the cycle was a meagre INR 1.00 for an hour.In the one hour we (my sister and I)rented
    the bike,we had to share it. Being a selfless sister,she made sure I had a greater share in the ride than her.
    Oh I love you my sis.

My affair with the bike was a match made in heaven.I am not sure how many times I fell down from the bike during my training. But the whim of mastering the "art" never let me down. It was one of the few
    activities that left me on a high note even with bruises and scratches on my body.The saga continued with the rented bikes for about 3 years until I decided to bug my parents to buy me
    my own bike!!! It was not an easy task.

I used to go to an institute for enriching my educational skills (tutoring classes) in India.It was a famous institute in the neighborhood.It was during this time that my pestering about the bike became pretty much a daily activity.My parents had had enough of this.My mom who always wanted me to be academically great (most moms are like that I guess) promised me a bike if I stood first in the quiz at the institute... And boy was I motivated or what... That was one of the few times in my educational career that I slogged to make sure I own that bike... I did not stand in the first place but I did get the second place... Though disappointed,I still mustered the courage to ask my parents...Surprise surprise they relented...One of the most memorable days in my schooling life...I still recall the day when I accompanied my dad to the store to buy my bike. My first bike was a flashy and pink "BSA SLR".My joy had no bounds.My bike became my new best friend.Other kids at the school were envious of my bike. they begged,pleaded me to get a ride on the bike and I was haughty and had a select few who had the golden opportune of riding my bike...

I remember the day when I was ogling at "Boyfriends",(Come on I was studying 7th class and I had many admirers.Though I always acted busy with my studies, I used to enjoy all those secret fans)
    on my way to school and ran my bike into a wall...There were some bruises and my primary concern was "Is my bike alright?" I remember the days when I used to ride all over the city to meet my friends just to flaunt my bike to em. It was a part and parcel of my daily life even when I had the "not so good" days and even when I had the best days (it was less of a bike and more of a friend to me)...Well I loved my bike for a long time until I realised that I need to own a "Scooty" if I am serious on flaunting/Ogling!

This is my first post in this forum and just wanted to write something about my memories from my childhood.With this I sign off and look forward to share something more interesting the next time.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010

2. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Nice blog. It had brought me my old memories with my bike. My cousin used to teach me(all of us, my sister and other cousins) practical lessons on riding a bike. I had got nice beatings from him for not following his instructions exactly. I started to ride on my own after 4-5 sessions. I had fallen only once, and I didn't touch my bike for months after that.
    Then I had my kinetic once I started to go to college. I used to ride very fast those days and when I think of it now, I was so lucky not to be caught in any accident in spite of my speed driving.

Keep blogging

Anabika

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear friend

welcome to Ilite. very nice posting. It is good to start with the scool day memories. I can understand your attachment towards the cycle. I already shared my cycling experience with I lites. You are having the sense of writing dear. So proceed.

ganges

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi dear

well narrated. enjoyed reading it. As far as my cycling rendezvous, i started off with learning a big boys cycle, when i went to native place for summer vacation.

have a gr9 day.

5. annavarapus

Thanks a lot ladies.Your encouraging words motivate me to write more.This is my sincere first trial.Thanks again.

6. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear Priyanka,

I hope this is your first snippet.It is really good.Please do write more:thumbsup

I remember the days when I used to take rented bicycle with a group of people for practicing purpose and remember my close encounters with my mom for bleeding knees.

You have kindled my childhood memories:hiya

7. annavarapus