1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The stalker!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iswaryadevi, Jun 12, 2013.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Have you ever had a stalker follow you everywhere, I mean like really EVERYWHERE!? No, I am definitely not talking about my husband! Ever since I got promoted from girl friend to wife, I notice subtle differences, OK, I mean prominent differences like, when girl friend had more weightage than any gadget, TV show, movie or any other thing in the World, wife has the least preference. :rant Wait, what am I doing? Probably I should save my rantings for some other blog, or most probably I may never write one. Guess why? I have now got my new love stalking me everywhere and loving me to bits, unconditionally!

Well, some of you may have already guessed who I am talking about. Its none other than my new German shepherd 'dog' (this is is the first and last time I am ever referring to him like that, just to be clear). I should have probably named him Shadow, cos thats what exactly he is to me. But we call him 'Chico'. Its a spanish word for 'boy'. Just a month back when I went to the breeder to get him, he looked so tiny and vulnerable. Never did I realize I would be playing 'mummy' role so soon after marriage. :kiss

1.jpg

I saw this post few days back in facebook, but believe me, every pet owner would nod vigorously just like I did, while reading it. He is such a cutie pie now, and he just cant be without me.

I cant walk without my leg being brushed by his head, tail or any other significant part, anymore.

I cant watch my favorite TV show, or a movie without having to keep a watch on him. If he does not make any sound for more than 5 mins, it just means he is quietly getting into some kind of trouble and needs my intervention.

I cant eat or have any snack without his constant whining of not sharing with him.

I cant go anywhere inside the house without his eyes following me. I go to the bedroom to change my clothes, I come out to see him staring intently at my door waiting for me to open it. I go to the kitchen, he lies down near the door waiting for me to come out. I go downstairs to get something, he goes mad and barks like crazy until I come up. Practically, I have no more breathing space. Even when he sleeps, the slightest noise I make, and BAM he is next to me. Like yesterday, I was sleeping on my couch, and he was sleeping near me. Not sure how long he was waiting for me to wake up, suddenly I find him tickling my toes and there ends my short nap.

Every morning when I wake up and go greet him, its like he has not seen me for ages; he is satisfied only after licking, mouthing me from head to toe.

He waits for me at the time when I am supposed to reach home, and never goes inside our house until I return. And the morning-licking-mouthing session repeats.

He knows when he has to obey and when he does a mistake. When I shout at him, he immediately starts licking my toes as if apologizing. But sometimes when he knows he never did any mistake, but just to irritate him when I shout at him, he barks at me equally loud as if to say "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!"

He is so protective, loyal and a best friend for life! :thumbsup I am seriously wondering why every other house does not have one? I mean, why dont people realize the happiness one gets by having a pet? Anyways, guess it has gotten quite long, and let me stop here. On a final note, I would like to share one of 'Chico's favorite sleeping style that I find so funny and cute.

2.jpg

P.S: I am officially banning(!?) the mods from moving this thread to the pet lovers forum. :hide: I do not want this thread go unnoticed there. :notthatway:

P.P.S: Justtttttttt kidding! Mods, please feel free to move it to the pet lovers forum if its inappropriate here, but personally I wish it to stay here. :)

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

First things first. I second the request (ban?) to NOT move this thread. :hide:

Dear chico's mummy ....I strongly condemn this statement. :)

I meant the very first word in your line...... (IT'S). ????? (((((GASP)))))....(((((SHUDDER))))).

Should be either "he / she"".... Newbie pet owner ......shakehead....:roll:.......:notthatway:

Give that cutie pie a big hug and a kiss for me will ya.

Ya I remember getting scolding from mine.

(picture here: Post is too long.
    I got too excited and wrote too much. Just scroll down to the end to see my cutie's picture - if interested)

2 people like this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ice,

What a lovely heart warming post this is. And chico looks so good. Be careful there are many other lady dogs ready to steal him.cute bundle of joy eh.

i have two dogs, tuffy and bingo, and hence i can relate to the love for dogs, they are like our own kids. Wait till he tears ur socks eh ! But they are cute, and u will love them as much as u love ur human kids.HAHA

keep posting about him, we love him.

All the best.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  4. iswaryadevi

I am confused if you are requesting to move the thread or let it stay here :confused2: :hide:

In the context that I have written, I thought 'its' was the better word than 'he/she'. :bonk

Will sure do! :)

Awww She is like soooo cute! And, what do you mean by 'if interested'?! :rant Will seeing such cutie's pics ever be boring? :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Ice..
    ENJOYED all you had to say about Chico.. he is so cute and when he slleps like this with his belly exposed.. give him a hard belly rub from me.. he will love it!!!..
    as you may be knowing I have my HArley and want to rush home only to get his "Harley greeting"!!
    animals are the best companions!!!..
    K

2 people like this.
  6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Oh no....:I meant that the thread should not be moved. edited my post now :)

1 person likes this.
  7. charmbabez

charmbabez Gold IL'ite

imagdghfes.jpg

Love the creature but jealous to see my dad pouring too much affection on it when we had one :hide:...

Nice to know you are enjoying with him :)

1 person likes this.
  8. ohara

ohara Gold IL'ite

That's a cute snippet.. Makes me want to keep a pet myself

1 person likes this.
  9. iswaryadevi

Dear Kamalji,

I don't have to wait any long. Already, every morning when I check on him, I find my shoes or slippers scattered here and there and its my daily morning ritual to search for them. But I don't understand why he does not even touch my hubby's shoes. :rant Thanks for your fb! :)

1 person likes this.
  10. iswaryadevi

Sure, will do!

Of course, yes! :)

1 person likes this.