1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The song of friendship

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by amihere, May 29, 2009.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

When I got the call letter and said to join Mysore for training I was both happy and sad. Happy because this is going to be my stepping stone from a college girl to a working woman ….a dream coming true after about 21years and was sad because none of the guys in my friends group are there, though almost my entire batch is going to join there. All others were kind of what you say categorize as Hi-Bye friends.
    After a few days I made friends with these two girls who were my class mates and thought would never be friends. Once becoming friends we cursed ourself for wasting four precious years for missing the beautiful friendship we shared.We didn’t knew how the days and nights passed…enjoyed each moment of the training …Though the training is kind of neck wrecking with night outs before exam day with coffee in one hand and mouse on the other, with your eyes fixed to the monitor :coffee we have a very pleasant memory of those days. Dear!!how we used to roam around even in midnight, playing all possible pranks and all those….time was not a constraint for anything ; we played basket ball at 2-3AM, roamed around in smoker’s den. God!!! Those were days…had more fun than I had in my college days and finally the day came when we had to bid bye and part ways to places of posting.

Days and months passed and though we were at different places, we didn’t miss any fun. We enjoyed life to the fullest:cheers with weekend visits to each other’s place and so on…. And finally the day came when one of us decided to bid adieu to the company and join for MBA.

The days were not the same without her; I missed her a lot since we were sharing a roomL But was happy for her because she was chasing her dreams and not everyone will have that courage to resign from a reputed company to seek admission for MBA….and now again history is repeating when the other one is also leaving for more happy moments in her life… And finally am the only one left here ,staring at the future , not sure of what to do!!:spin

Sometimes when I turn back and think about the life we used to have I feel envious of myself. I am so lucky to be part of their life even though it's for such a shorter period..And this reminds me of a well said quote that “Tears of the past will bring a smile to your lips whereas the laughs of past will bring a tear to your eyes”.
    Those lines of 'Song of Life' which I sang along with those two friends are one of the beautiful and melodiuos one and which I hold close to my heart as precious as a heart beat.:clap

2. hira

hira Senior IL'ite

Waw, u have written the article very nicely
    Hira

3. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Wow Ami..
    i liked the quote "Tears of the past will bring a smile to your lips whereas the laughs of past will bring a tear to your eyes”.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite