1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Small Wonders of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by depressed, Mar 13, 2009.

1. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

I am staying in a guest house now. Today, when I thought of writing something, nothing came to my mind at first.
    But then, I heard the voice of the dove [maybe a pigeon].

View attachment 129836

The doves take rest in the extended window slabs, just outside my room in the guest house. These windows are made of wood and glass. The extended slabs are made of cement. When I close the windows in the evenings, the doves take rest in these slabs. These slabs or window extensions were perhaps made so that people can keep flower pots on them. Maybe these slabs were made for other purposes, but I do not know the purpose.
    View attachment 129837

I can hear the voice of another bird apart from the dove. I think it is the “Koyal” or the “Coolie” bird. The guest house is located in the heart of the city and traffic noise comes from all directions. But the sound of the “Koyal” also keeps coming throughout the day.
    The beautiful voice of a bird co-exists with the loud and irritating traffic noise in a big city- I find this remarkable.
    There is also a big mango tree just outside our guest house room. When I open the window, I can see small unripe green mangoes clinging to the branches of the tree. There are lots of small mangoes.
    View attachment 129838
    Green mangoes and the voice of Koyal reminds me that spring is about to come. Earlier, when I used to stay in a much smaller city and also when I was in my home town, where there was more greenery compared to our present location, -I did not hear the Koyal singing. And look now- I am staying in a very big city, where there are very less trees; yet I can hear the Koyal singing and doves making sweet sounds-

These are the small wonders of life, I think.

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Happy

The mangoes are a sight for sore eyes!
    Luck you, enjoying the koyal's kuhu-kuhu's and the serene scenery!

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai.

you are very lucky that you are hearing the voice of birds. Your photos are very nice and a treat for eyes.

I thought of plucking the mangoes.

andal

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Vow! That was a nice blog on pigeons, mangoes and koyal! Pictures were very pleasing to the eyes!
    Love,
    Malathi

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Happy,

you pictures are so pleasing to the eyes.

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

WAH:thumbsup !!!!!!!!!! HAPPY :)

Your new avathar is the one i was looking forward from you all these days.........................IT IS REALLY VERY VERY VERY VERY GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Regarding your photos.............i have no words to express except to tell that they are all EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially the dove and my favourite mangoes !!!!!!!!!!!!

Very very good photography !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-sunitha

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Happy
    Wow dear that pigeon looks so royal and beautiful, and mangoes and koyal wow so beautiful to be with the nature around.

8. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sundarusha, Swathi, Malathi, Shanvy , Sunitha and Arunarc,

Thank you all for sharing your views with me in this blog.

Take care,

HAPPY

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear ,
    You will find more wonders if you keep your ears & eyes open and keep mind open to nature.
    The bird is beautiful, lovely picture
    Jaya

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi,
    lovely pictures and very true life is full of small wonders..we should have the sense(and of course time) to appreciate them...love
    Mindi