The significance of the form of Lord Shiva

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Chitvish, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear P P,
    I have uploaded Rudram from my collection & kb will send you the link by PM.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

My dear Radha,
    Thankyou for the F B.
    Now, I explain the terms you have asked for:

The small drum of Shiva is the symbol of rhythm & sound. There is rhthm in the movement of the whole universe & sound is the musical & divine medium that comes from His words & carries revelations & the truth.
    Tiger skin: The tiger is the vehicle of Shakthi, the Goddess of all power & force. Shiva is beyond & above any kind of force. He is its master & carries the skin of the tiger as the victor of every force.

Rudraksha:
    On the request of the divines Lord shiva burnt the three daemon forts called tripurasura who were into disruptive activities. God burnt them without even a weapon just by the smile itself ! Three daemons in those forts who were good and devotees of the Lord came out without any harm by the Lord's Grace ! At this point of time fromt he Three eyes of the Lord rudrkshas came out. Since it came from the aksha (eye) of Lord rudra (a role played by the Supreme shiva), it is called rudraksha.

Radha, on your asking, I have posted an english font for Shivan Potri. Please note.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    I am glad you liked the post on Shiva. Please note that I have posted about Nataraja, already in Arudhra Darshanam ( incase you have missed it !).
    Thankyou very much for the F B.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

dear chith,
    iam reading this on shivaraathri day and am so happy that you have in a meticulous neat manner described the significance of the physical appearance of the Lord. These small things many people cannot explain to their children. Itis very essential that we understand what we do. You have boosted our maraleto explain cofidently to younger generation.God be with you in times of stress.
    Regards,
    Meenu

5. Chitvish

Dear Meenu,
    Thankyou for the F B.
    Please refer to my reply to Anjana who had asked for explanation on some more points.
    I loved your last line, Meenu ! I seem to be needing God's presence now than ever before in life. Though I try my best to rise up above stress, on an odd occasion, I still slip. So your wishes mean a lot to me.
    Love,
    Chith.

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Read your post on Lord Shiva. It was enligtening. Since im in night shift for yesterday and today ..i will be awake(have to be)...:)

Chithra,
    I have heard my mother say that shiva is a jothiswaroopam so he does not have any shape or idol form of worship. Your posting on shiva was very informatie and the shiva kolam was beautiful and divine.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
    Aishu

7. Chitvish

Dear Aishu,
    Nice to know that you will keep awake - whatever be the reason ! Chant Om Namahshivaya, as many times as ossible.
    God is jothiswaroopam or formless - the forms are for our easy comprehension.
    Thankyou for the F b.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Chitra,

Thanks to you, I read the potri and other shlokas for this year's Shivaratri. Not just myself, hundreds here must be thanking you and thinking of you at prayers. I am sure you must have felt the vibes.
    That you react to stress now and then only goes to show that you are a loving and living human being and that is the only important factor.

Love and regards,
    Kamla

9. Chitvish

My dear Kamla,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    You are always very loving in your words as only you can be !
    I thank God specially for friends like you !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I got the file. and Just now i ve downloaded it. I dint hear it yet but i m very happy.
    Thanks a lot.
    Regards
    PP