The Significance of Pradakshinam.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Apr 12, 2007.

1. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

DEAR CHITRA MADAM

wonderful explanation on pradikshanam. i learned so much about the directions and namaskarams.

once in Jaya TV morning yoga slot, i heard that pradikshanam is done to the deity because, the engery we receive from the Higher Self is being equally distributed throughout the body.

the tiruvanamalai,giri valam was also discussed in that, which i would like to share here :

giri,the tiruvanamalai represents spine in our body, and by doing girivalam,our spine gets activated.

bharathy.g.

2. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

Dear Chithra Madam all your write up r so informative.Visiting your blog has become an addiction for me .I enjoy this addiction. For me it is like attending an on line vedanta class . Thanks.

3. vijayanarasimha

vijayanarasimha New IL'ite

Dear chitra mam,
    I am really overwhelmed by your explanation on so many things which we generally do with out knowing why we do it or whether what we do is correct or not, your explanations are scientific also,i am really very very happy to go thorugh your posts more so the explanation that follow, thank you very much, please do continue your efforts in bringing our culture to our door steps
    I pray that almighty shower you and your family with good health and cheers for doing such a wonderful job,
    thanking you once again ,
    vijaya:bowdown